Why don't I get wireless emergency alerts on my new device?
refundgame

My phone currently is a Droid Ultra. My old phone was a Droid Bionic. I have both phones sitting next to me, the old one is also turned on because I use it occasionally for certain things. I just received an Amber alert on the bionic but not on the ultra. I have the alerts enabled on the ultra. Why am I receiving it on the old device but not the new one? If I had had the old device turned off would I have received it on the new one?

The other thing is my boyfriend is sitting right next to me. He is on my phone plan and has the same device--droid ultra. He has WEA enabled, but also did not receive an alert. He doesn't have his old phone anymore and it was a different carrier and different phone number anyway, so it's different from my situation but he didn't get an alert either.

My phone should be fully updated as far as software and system updates. System version 19.5.3.obake_verizon.Verizon.en.US and Android 4.4. The boyfriend has those too.

The old phone, the Bionic, has system 98.72.22.XT875.Verizon.en.US and Android 4.1.2.

Why did I get an alert on my old phone, and why aren't either of us getting it on our new phones?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WEA enabled but did not receive alert?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should turn off the Bionic and remove the SIM card from the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: WEA enabled but did not receive alert?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should turn off the Bionic and remove the SIM card from the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes