Why is the time on my phone going back 2 hrs?
Alex65

When I woke this morning, my weather location was showing that my phone was located somewhere in Canada, The phone time was also 2 hours behind EST. I checked the phone settings and Time and Date are set to Automatic / Network provided values. I rebooted my phone and this temporarily fixed the issue. The time has changed back, -2 hrs. Is my phone GPSbroken?

0 Likes
Re: Why is the time on my phone going back 2 hrs?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Alex65,

This is very strange! Let's get to the bottom of this issue! What is your ZIP code? What is your phone's software version? Settings>About Phone>Software information. This may also be caused by a conflicting third party application; run and test in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/YEWQDE for a few hours to ensure that issues is not caused by a bad app. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
CALL_FX

I've been looking this site over for more that an hour and I still don't see how to post a new comment.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the top of the page and use the drop-down next to Create and choose Discussion.

0 Likes
CALL_FX

Thank you for that advice. I did, however find another way on a different page.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Alex65

OK, well this has happened before and a reboot usually fixes the issue. Zip is 30043. Android version 2.3.4, HTC sense version 2.1. LookOut regularly scans all apps and has not reported any issue. This is an intermittent issue, and happened several months ago, before happening again recently.

0 Likes
Purrzzzzzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

having the same problem! LOL

0 Likes
Purrzzzzzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

that doesn't work! it's only a search!

0 Likes