Why won't my phone turn on? I keep getting a circle that looks like an eye and two dots beside it
motherto2

I hope someone can help me.  My phone has been acting up for about a month where it will either freeze or I get the circle that looks like an eye and two dots (one on top of the other like a colon mark) next to it.  I've been able to get it to stop my turning it off and taking the battery out, but I was trying to set my alarm clock tonight and the screen went blank.  I finally opened it up and took the battery out, and tried turning it back on (about 6 times now) and nothing works.  I'm leaving for the airport in a few hours (wee hours of the morning) and desperately need to get it to work again.  Too late to go to the store to ask.  No water damage, no drops, and very light use.  I've only had it a little over a year, and can't upgrade until October.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my phone turn on? I keep getting a circle that looks like an eye and two dots beside it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motherto2, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to turn your phone on! I know how important it is to rely on a phone, especially when traveling. I'm hoping this issue has been resolved, but if you still need assistance I can provide a few steps. First try clearing your system cache.

1. Boot into recovery
  o Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
  o When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
2. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
3. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
4. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
5. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
6. Select "Reboot system now"

If this is still not going thru, attempt an alternate master reset. http://goo.gl/MSrgE

If your phone is still not booting up after these steps, the device may need to be replaced thru warranty. Let me know if you still need assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes