Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wi-Fi button
ez_as123

Until the update yesterday I had a button on the main screen to turn the Wi_Fi on/off. How do I get it back?

0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi button
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It might have been combined with the "Power Control" widget.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ez_as123

I was not to clear. the button was added to the main screen to allow me to turn on or off the wi-fi with out having to go to menu, settings then turn on wi-fi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

And I understood what you were after. Example of the "Power Control" widget.

Screenshot_2012-10-26-17-57-00.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yep, one of the changes was that the wifi toggle was abolished ... I loved that widget!  One option as Ann154 pointed out is to use the power control widget.  Another is to use a settings shortcut, i.e.,

apps

widgets

long-press 'settings shortcut' and move wherever you want it on your home screen

a menu will pop up; scroll to the bottom and choose 'wi-fi'

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

A person could also try a third party widget from the Play Store. I know CurveFish made a WiFi toggle widget that I used ages ago.

0 Likes