WiFi connection problem for Droid A855
ScreenName10

I have the original Droid A855.  I have Comcast's Arris TG862G/CT wireless router/modem.  My droid will not connect to the WiFi and I'm fairly certain that the problem lies with the phone since my computer connects to the WiFi no problem. 

I will enter in all the correct names and passwords for the WiFi network, the phone will attempt to 'authenticate,' and then the phone tells me that the network is 'Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK' 

The strength of the network is 'excellent.' 

I have also tried adding the network to the phone manually with the same results. 

0 Likes
Re: WiFi connection problem for Droid A855
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you already verified that you don't have a MAC address filter enabled on the WiFi modern?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Is your router set up as 5Ghz and is your SSID hidden?

0 Likes
ScreenName10

No I have not.  How do I do that?

0 Likes
ScreenName10

I do not believe that the SSID is hidden, I see it listed in the available WiFi networks on my phone, but I am not entirely sure.  How do I know if my router is set up as 5Ghz?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That I am unsure as I have never owned a Arris router before.  The older Android devices have trouble with 5Ghz routers as they were not common to have them in households.  I have the same Droid and I always kept my router at 2.5Ghz just for that device until I retired it(when my work place no longer had them being used by my coworkers).

0 Likes