calsap212

I have a Droid Incredible2 and I am having trouble connecting to my home WiFi.  I easily connect to the WiFi at work and other places except at home.  My home is an open network and the phone constantly says its scanning, connecting, and then that it is disconnected.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi
Not applicable

calsap212 wrote:

I have a Droid Incredible2 and I am having trouble connecting to my home WiFi.  I easily connect to the WiFi at work and other places except at home.  My home is an open network and the phone constantly says its scanning, connecting, and then that it is disconnected.  Any ideas?

WIFI should never be open. Having said that basic setup of a router is 192.168.1.1 you would have to check your documentation in the router box and materials that came with it to be able to set up a secure network.

After you enter the router settings go into Security Settings and choose WPA2-PSK and set up a SSID to find when you want to connect any wireless device. Chose a password that has both an upper case letter and numbers in it. For example Justkiddingaround2012 or some other password that would be hard for others to guess or crack.

After you set up the System ID (Again it can be simple as MYROUTER, or OhYeahitsme or any other station ID you choose to name your network.

Write all these names and passwords down so you don't forget them.

After that is done, turn off the Cable modem/DSL Modem and then the router and then your computer. Then after about 4 minutes turn the Cable Modem/DSL Modem back on, then restart the router, the computer can be turned on anytime after these steps are taken.  Please note make sure when you make these settings above to be hard wired to the router via the RJ-45 cable and not wireless. The reasons are obvious. After you have restarted again, you can have your devices find the secure network you created and you select it from the list and it will ask for your password to your network. type in the password exactly as you made it. Capital letters,lowercase letters and numbers.

At this point you will or should have a stable connection.

Remember if you have other wireless devices in your home you will need to change them to your new network SSID and enter that password for each new connection.

I hope that helped. By the way you will not have to enter the log in to a network again since it will save it to your cell phone and every other wireless device you place on your network.

Hope that helped?

0 Likes