Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Widget text issue after ICS update
Jynx1

After my Droid Bionic upgraded to ICS, most of the text and numbers displayed in each of my widgets appear scrambled.  I have Calendar, WeatherBug, SportsTap, and a stocks widget up and running.The Calendar app sometimes appears normal, but the rest all have scrambled text and numbers.

I've changed wallpapers multiple times, both regular and Live, with no effect.  I have also rebooted numerous times, in which the widget texts appear normal afterwards, but eventually become scrambled again.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

0 Likes
Re: Widget text issue after ICS update
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

Have you tried clearing the system cache and/or uninstalling and reinstalling the apps?  A system cache after an OS update is useful since it clears out any leftover code from the previous OS; it won't delete any of your files.

Clear system cache

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
Jynx1

I performed the Clear System Cache as you recommended.  All was good at first, but after a few hours it acted up again and cannot see the text in the widgets. 

Not sure if it's related, but during this last time I unlocked the screen to check, there were 4 white vertical bands (where the apps normally sit) on the screen.  After a few seconds and swiping the right and left to see if the apps on the other pages are blanked out (they were as well), the apps re-appear.  This is also when the widget texts are now scrambled again.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, other than a factory reset.  Maybe others will chime in with suggestions.

0 Likes