Wifi disconnect infinite timeout
Spiders
It happens at least once a day that my Droid 2, and only the Droid, will disconect from my wireless modem, then tries to reconnect infinitely. In order to reconnect, I have to turn off Wifi, then turn it back on, at which point it immediately reconnects as if nothing was wrong. Annoying bug, whatever is causing it. At least I know when it happens because it says "Verizon Wireless" as it loses its connection.
0 Likes
Re: Wifi disconnect infinite timeout
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you connecting to a secured wifi?  If so, which kind, WEP or WPA/WPA2?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Reset the router.
0 Likes
Spiders
WEP. I reset the router today because it had stopped talking to the modem. I only did this because none of my woreless devices could see outside of the LAN. I will post again if the symtom persists. A router reset doesn't compute as a solution when only my Droid2 was affected. I wish that it had a command promt access aside from booting when linked USB to a desktop PC.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You might want to change the security to the WPA type. My phone would also connect to WEP and then lose the connection upon waking up and refuse to connect again unless I would take the battery out. It would also cause problems for me to connect to my personal wifi that was WPA. The WPA security is also more secure than WEP. I am not that much of a computer expert to know what differences are between the two types of security. The computers would also connect fine to the WEP as well but since it was the work wifi I can't do a thing about changing the security. Hope this explaination can give you an idea to fix your issues.
Since I stopped connecting to the WEP network, I never have any issues connecting to my WPA network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Spiders
I will look into that and keep it in mind. Someone would have to hack a 9 digit password to bypass WEP security, but I have few security concerns given the presence of several unsecured LANs within my vicinity.
0 Likes
Spiders
I may have solved my problem. I just had it take too long to connect and noticed a quickly dissapearing message telling me to turn off auto scan while obtaining an address. This is while observing a wifi analyzer app. The Droid2 will often release its IP when idle. When I engage in activity it attepts to renew its IP but for some reason needs autoscan turned off. So it infinite loops until handshaking stops, which can't until auto detect is manually disabled. Bad app code. All I can do is go with a different analyzer or maybe petition a new build from its developer.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The WPA security also has a password protection like the WEP type. Do a web search. If I remember right there were a few good websites that explained the differences between the two.

0 Likes