Will not come out of sleep mode
KSutherland

my Brand new bioinc will not come out of sleep mode it has happened 3 times 9 days, the only way to get it out of sleep mode is with a battery pull. PLease help. thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will not come out of sleep mode
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

KSutherland, I'm so sorry this is occurring with your phone. I understand how frustrating this can be when you're trying to use your phone and have to pull the battery. I researched information about your phone that have been reported by customers and didn't find this as a known issue. I also show the Bionic received a software update on December 9, 2011. I recommend updating your phone to the new software, which can assist with. I listed a link below with information and instructions for the update.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droid_bionic.html

Additionally, I would also like to recommend clearing the cache and browser history. This can help the device from having slow functionalities. The steps are below:

1.   From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right).
  2. Select Browser.
    Note If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select Menu.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.

Within settings you can clear the following :

--Clear all, which clears all deletes history, cache, cookies, form data and passwords

--Clear cache, which clears visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

--Clear history, which clears a listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

--Clear cookie data, which clears some cookies contain customized preference and logon information for previously visited websites. Once deleted, the website may prompt for this information again.

Pleas let us know if the above steps work for you.

Have a good day.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Will not come out of sleep mode
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

KSutherland, I'm so sorry this is occurring with your phone. I understand how frustrating this can be when you're trying to use your phone and have to pull the battery. I researched information about your phone that have been reported by customers and didn't find this as a known issue. I also show the Bionic received a software update on December 9, 2011. I recommend updating your phone to the new software, which can assist with. I listed a link below with information and instructions for the update.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droid_bionic.html

Additionally, I would also like to recommend clearing the cache and browser history. This can help the device from having slow functionalities. The steps are below:

1.   From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right).
  2. Select Browser.
    Note If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select Menu.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.

Within settings you can clear the following :

--Clear all, which clears all deletes history, cache, cookies, form data and passwords

--Clear cache, which clears visited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

--Clear history, which clears a listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

--Clear cookie data, which clears some cookies contain customized preference and logon information for previously visited websites. Once deleted, the website may prompt for this information again.

Pleas let us know if the above steps work for you.

Have a good day.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes