Won't activate
akfischer82

Got my phone, charged it up and went to activate it but it says they can't activate it.  Anyone know why that might be?

0 Likes
Re: Won't activate
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you trying to activate it?

Can you try using your MyVerizon account to activate it online? You might need to add features like a data plan and accept them before the phone can be activated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
akfischer82

I tried doing the *228 on the phone and it said it can't be activated.  It also won't let me activate online.  I do have a data plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The old phone turned off? Perhaps with the battery removed?

Was this a new phone recently purchased from Verizon?

Or used from a third party individual?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
akfischer82

I purchased the new phone and the plan through a program at my work.  I'm a new customer so no old phone to turn off. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you call customer service from another phone? 1-800-922-0204

Are you porting in your phone number from another carrier?

0 Likes
akfischer82

I'll probably have to call CS.  Just waiting for the kids to go to bed in the next hour so it's not so noisy.

It's a new number.

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello akfischer82,

I would like to thank the community members for your great responses. Akfischer82 I wanted to see was your phone activated. If you still need assistance, please let me know.

Thanks,

LatachaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes