Re: Would you trade your Bionic for a Droid Razr?
Tidbits
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

razz1 wrote:

going with samsung for now on. 

Unless it's a Nexus, that's probably not a smart decision.
At least they are the last few manufacturers with an unlocked bootloader.  That's a good thing especially near or at the end of the warranty or when they decide to no longer update devices.
0 Likes
brutethunder

Be sure to look at the Rezound also. It should be a contender. Im kind of excited for it.

0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

brutethunder wrote:

jimfitzgerald. You might be waiting till summer or longer. For one not one Android or LTE device put out in 2011 for VZW is a proven device. And wont be until we get a consistent network. 3g has slowed down a ton since last year, and 4g hand off kills 3g signal to the phone a lot. Very unstable network. I don't believe the whole blame is on the software of the device either. I believe a lot is on Verizon.

Anyways can't wait for your complaints. These new highend phones have a lot more technology in them that can go wrong even after updates and bug fixes. Between android fragmentation and Verizon's network issues no phone is perfect.

Once Qualcomm's new chip comes out (http://www.anandtech.com/show/4940/qualcomm-new-snapdragon-s4-msm8960-krait-architecture) I think we'll see a big improvement in battery life and network connection.  The Bionic (like the Thunderbolt and other LTE phones) currently use two different chips, one for LTE and one for the rest of cell connectivity.  Check out step 12 in the iFixit link.  The black outlined one is Moto's (LTE) and the green one is Qualcomm's.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola-Droid-Bionic-Teardown/6449/2

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

Murat wrote:

You don't, but seriously, it can't be bad as the Bionic.

My theory is that they learned about all their screw ups with the Bionic and they'll fix it on RAZR and then release it.  The ones who bought the abomination has to deal with it, I'm not so sure that some of the issues on the Bionic can be fixed with a software update.

Once again, it's YOUR opinion that the Bionic is so 'screwed up'.  Try a Charge if you want a screwed up phone IMO. But your experience with the Bionic is not everyone's experience.  Best to state "IMO" as opposed to a sweeping generalization.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I think it's understood that everything posted on the internet is someone's opinion.
0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

Doc832 wrote:

Well right now I would trade the BIONIC for something that works. The data loss problem is getting very old. Needed to read a document yesterday while on the phone in 4g area and lost everything. No phone, no data just a brick in my hand. So as for trading it in I would if something else worked. When it works its fine. It seems when I really need that DATA connection for work it fails. More than 60% of the people with this phone having problems of all types.

Really?  Can you show us this national survey that shows '60%' of Bionic users have problems? Does this same 'survey' show the percentages for users of other phones.  The internet is a wonderful place. Say what you want without any substantiation.

I also find it interesting that with 60% of users having 'issues' as you describe, that the phone would receive 4 1/2 out of 5 stars on Verizon's website from over 1,100 users.  Guess there are over 1,100 'lucky' owners.  :smileywink:

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

razz1 wrote:

i would not trade my bionic for the razr because it is a motorola phone. no more moto for me! going with samsung for now on. 

And after my Charge, the Samsung is the one brand I'd stay away from. Having owned two Samsungs loaded with problems, no more Sammys for me. :smileywink:

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

PJNC284 wrote:

jimfitzgerald wrote:
I'll probably upgrade my Droid in early 2012, but I won't buy a phone that has not been out for a few months. I don't want to deal with all the issues as evidenced on this forum.

Most of the ones complaining are going to be complaining regardless of which Android  phone they have.  Android certainly isn't meant for everyone and some are slower to learn that than others.

I'll agree with that.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

jimfitzgerald wrote:
I think it's understood that everything posted on the internet is someone's opinion.

You mean like when someones says '60% of Bionic users have issues'?  Uh huh.

0 Likes
brutethunder

The charge reminds me of my son when he stays up all night playing ps3 and you spend all morning working on him to wake up. The more you work at him the more responsive he becomes, but if you quit he goes back to sleep and you have to start the process over again.

Slow, laggy, and sometimes unresponsive. HAHA

0 Likes