Wow, Verizon bent me over
nickc50310

Came from Sprint and was paying $60 per month with my Samsung Ace and UNLIMITED.  Just got my first bill from Verizon- $130 per month!  HOLY COW THAT IS NUTS! 

Doesnt ATT charge 100 per month for the iphone!!?? 

I thought I would be in the neighborhood of 110 to 120 per month.  I can afford it but doubling my phone bill seems silly.  Maybe I should just stick with Sprint and get an Ipod touch?  This is going to cost me 700 more PER YEAR.  An Ipod is far cheaper.  Man that sucks, I really like my droid. 

I have the 900 minute plan at 79.99

and the data obviously at 29.99

and taxes surcharges, {keep it courteous}, etc at like 9.00

insurance at 7.99

Grand total is 130 per month.  THAT IS CRAZY!  Anyone else agree? 

0 Likes
Re: Wow, Verizon bent me over
powderhoundrich

Was none of this told to you up front?

Every time I've signed up for a service or plan from Verizon, I've been told upfront what the costs are.  It's not difficult to add it all up to come to a ballpark figure.

" have the 900 minute plan at 79.99

and taxes surcharges, democrat rape me tax, etc at like 9.00

insurance at 7.99"

Um, that's not rocket science to add that up and see that it's more than "$60". 

0 Likes
jmcohen23

twice the price is not good for you.....

if you want to curb your bill, here are some tips:

- see if your employer is eligible for a discount on the plan (for example, mine gets me 24% off the monthly rate)

- do you really need 900 minutes per month?

- $30/month for data is standard - so no wiggle room here unless you change to a non-smartphone

- insurance is a sucker bet, dump it.  at $8/month, that's $96/year (nearly the cost of a new phone)

You'll pay the same amount for the iphone when you throw in insurance and fees....

0 Likes
nickc50310

Lol yes it was told up front.  After doing research and what not this just seems absurd for me to do this. 

I also didnt realize there would be $10 per month in govment fees. 

I really love the droid and have no problems paying it, it just seems crazy to me that Verizon charges this much.  I guess Im more shocked when actually seeing it.  LOL

0 Likes
nickc50310

I do get 18% off through my employer.

The Droid is 6 or 700 out of contract so if something happens to it them Im out 600 or more. 

0 Likes
nickc50310

Yes I use over 450 per month and need unlimited texting. 

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

You can save a little by going to a basic plan and adding everything ala cart.  Seriously, all my texts are moble to mobile so I get by with the 10 dollar text plan a basic minute plan insurance and data added.  It is all cheaper than buying the unlimited versions that really don't help unless you have a girlfriend or close friend or family that aren't on Verizon.  I do very little calling off Verizon. 

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

That's the reason you get good reception and service.  It cost money.   Sprint sucks.

0 Likes
brueso

As for the 'government' fees-  I've had those kind of fees from the gitgo, so it's usual.     I'd be surprised no one else does.

0 Likes
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

nickc50310 wrote:

Came from Sprint and was paying $60 per month with my Samsung Ace and UNLIMITED.  Just got my first bill from Verizon- $130 per month!  HOLY COW THAT IS NUTS! 

Doesnt ATT charge 100 per month for the iphone!!?? 

I thought I would be in the neighborhood of 110 to 120 per month.  I can afford it but doubling my phone bill seems silly.  Maybe I should just stick with Sprint and get an Ipod touch?  This is going to cost me 700 more PER YEAR.  An Ipod is far cheaper.  Man that sucks, I really like my droid. 

I have the 900 minute plan at 79.99

and taxes surcharges, {keep it courteous}, etc at like 9.00

insurance at 7.99

Grand total is 130 per month.  THAT IS CRAZY!  Anyone else agree? 

Back the train up.  Sprint's unlimited texting and data with 900 minutes is $90/month.  $100 with unlimited talk.  No idea how you were getting away with $60/month unless you were grandfathered in under some really old pricing.  Sorry.  You're paying "now" prices starting a new contract with Verizon and you're comparing it with "then" prices.  If Sprint lets you keep your old plan with a new phone, that would be your best bet.  Otherwise, welcome to 2009.

0 Likes