Wrong number on texts
char7678

My phone is a second line on our plan and every time I send a text his number is listed on it.  We have been with Verizon for over 6 years and this just started in October.  When I send people I work with texts and they try to call me back or text me, it goes to him.  I just sent him a text and he said that his number popped up as the return number.  How do I go about getting this corrected?  Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Wrong number on texts
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

I can help with this, char7678! I just need to be clear on something. When you say that "his number is listed on it", do you mean that when the recipient gets the message, it appears to have come from his phone or that the message contains his callback number (such as one would see in a message signature)? Can you clarify that? Also, are you using the same phone you've had since October or did you get a different phone?

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
char7678

I still have the same phone that I had in October.  I started using the Driod in September.  When I send texts, his number is what appears as the call back number.  I send texts to co-workers and they try to call me to discuss it and they end up calling him.  I have also sent him texts and he said that it shows his number as the call back number.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

It sounds like a signature on the outgoing messages. Try this: Launch the messaging application, then click the Menu icon to launch message "Settings", then review the "Callback Number" (it should be listed directly under the words). If it is incorrect, please click to correct.