Wrong temperature displayed
cbl7894

Love my phone but irritated every time I look at the home screen and temperature is wrong. Way off.  For example I went out to lunch and the car says it is 85 and the phone says 71. Any body have any ideas? I have searched the user manual, the menus etc. I have turned on the location, the gps, refreshed.

0 Likes
Re: Wrong temperature displayed
budone
Legend

Is the location showing the wrong temperature your city or a city elsewhere?

0 Likes
ccmhunt

You are not alone...mine is the same way, no idea why as it has the right location,

0 Likes
cbl7894

The wrong one is where I am at presently (work), not "my location" (home). The wrong one has it listed as "current". Now that you mention it I looked at "my location" and it seems like it would be correct.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It could be there is nothing close to where you work that reports temps, so maybe it is choosing a place a little ways away,up a mtn, in a valley or nxt to the ocean.

0 Likes
ccmhunt

I partially solved my issue by changing the default settings to update hourly, as the factory setting was 3 hours....which explained why it showed sunny and 97 at 11pm. While I wish that I could have it update more frequently than hourly, there seems no setting fot that, and at least now its way closer than before.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
You can manual refresh also if 1 hour is not enough. Location On needs to be running also.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

ccmhunt wrote:

I partially solved my issue by changing the default settings to update hourly, as the factory setting was 3 hours....which explained why it showed sunny and 97 at 11pm. While I wish that I could have it update more frequently than hourly, there seems no setting fot that, and at least now its way closer than before.

Most reports from where they get temps are only updated once an hour/

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea it was pretty funny seeing the sun icon still showing in sense weather widget when it was 10 pm. Updating to hourly fixed that.

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess the only way is to turn location on which eats your battery.  I just started using the weather channel widget instead. 

0 Likes