Yahoo Mail Plus Issue With Motorola DROID Phone
kdbestinwest

Dec. 15, 2009

I have had the Motorola Droid for more than a month now. I could use my Yahoo Mail Plus account (paid service) on the Droid.

But about 50% of the time I have had the server connection problem or setup problem with the IMAP setting.

Called Verizon Wirelss several times and Motorola Support several times to report the same issue at different times. But I have got no help with this. Motorola said once that there will be another version of software that will fix the issue, but no set date was given.

I use my personal IMAP Yahoo e-mail about 75% of the time on the DROID on a daily basis. So this is very frustrating. I have to work around - by going to yahoo.com website,  then logging on with my user name and password to access my Yahoo account.

The detailed error occurs as follows:

In the Yahoo e-mail application environment, when you open up any folder (such as Inbox, Sent or any ....), during the "loading messages" activity, it will pop up the following error:

CONNECTION ERROR

or

INCORRECT USER NAME OR PASSWORD

(This error is wrong as I go to yahoo.com  website and log on with my same user and password, it works all the time)

The aforementioned errors also show up during the set-up of IMAP Yahoo e-mail account.

I've been paying for my data plan, but have not been able to fully utilize my e-mail service whic is also my main application!

Hope VRZ and Motorola will come up with the fix very soon.

"kdbestinwest"

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo Mail Plus Issue With Motorola DROID Phone
jpascual
Enthusiast - Level 2

You may have more luck with the ROID 1.0 app in the Android Market.  It is specifically designed to access yahoo mail, and will even work if you have Wi-Fi enabled.

0 Likes