Re: Yahoo email requesting to re-enter password often
ddmcc

Curious. I've noted the same thing since last night. I updated a password of one my yahoo accounts via my pc's browser. So far, I haven't had gotten a sign-in error on my phone for that specific account on my smart phone. I do still get that error related to another account where I haven't changed to password... yet.

Time for another test.

I did get a response from Yahoo's Customer Care. Useless and off topic, as I expected. I got a lengthy and canned answer about faulty cookies in my browser. It's annoying because I took the trouble to accurately describe the problem. It was totally ignored.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Gotta love that customer service!!

0 Likes
ddmcc

This is so completely annoying, particularly because there is no one from any of these profit making giants that's even acknowledging there's a problem. They've all been so effective at insulating themselve from real customers, real problems and yet continue to push their products like there's nothing but sunshine and happiness. Their big customer gesture?

"Here's a forum.Talk amounst yourselves."

I paid several hundred dollars for my phone and pay over a hundred per friggin' month. I expect stellar capabilities all the time. Yet only a few months into this product experience I'm getting a limpy, less that satisfactory performance, having to enter my password a dozen times a day, simply to access email. 

Maybe I should be grateful. I've started down a slippery slope. I have begun to lower my expectations, lower my dependency on this device. I could be prepared to get rid of this expensive indulgence altogether. Hmmmm...

What would be an amazing act? If any one of these corporations who are so keen to stick their brand name (Yahoo, Samsung, Verizon, Google...)  in my face would step up to the plate and say "Look, we will all take some responsibility in this product's performance. You're not getting what you expect? We'll try to sort this out for you folks."

Yes. I know. I live on a different planet.

Grrrrr

0 Likes
rolub3

Other than not being allowed to log in as the user of the original post and creating a new account, this is my main gripe:

"Here's a forum.Talk amongst yourselves."

My problem is nearly a week-old now, and with many sympathizers in this thread, nobody from Verizon can check in on the problem?  I stayed with Verizon for the longest time due to good customer service, but things change I guess.

As to the actual problem, it persists, despite rebooting my phone, taking out the battery, the SIM card, chaning my yahoo password from my laptop.  I dread having to call a Verizon rep, who will just tell me to do these same things I've done and then claim bewilderment that they can't figure it out (same thing that happened with my 11-hour network outage 3 weeks ago).

0 Likes
ddmcc

Next step in my personal troubleshooting test plan - load a different email client, one that will pull/push from/to any email account.

The client I'm currently testing is K-9 Mail. It's definitely not as sophisticated as the phone's native email client, but it works. It's only been running a couple of hours but I haven't had a sign-in error from it yet.

So I'm now running 3 email clients on my phone - native samsung droid, yahoo mobile and K-9 mail. Only the native samsung droid client has given me sign-in errors (3 to be exact).

Does this help anyone?

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

The only issue i have found is with the native email app on my charge and my wifes charge, we get the "sign in error" about 5-10 times a day, and sometimes mail won't push. This is ANNOYING...can someone from Verizon please HELP!??!!?

0 Likes
ddmcc

There are at least four mega corporations involved here: Yahoo, Google, Samsung, Verizon. Therein lies a tricky nest of responsibility or lack thereof, and why I expect nothing will be forthcoming from any of them.

I pay directly and only to Verizon. I pay them lots of money for hardware and service.

In this situation the problem appears to not be one of hardware nor service. I can get email on the phone. From the email behavior, it appears to be a Yahoo or Yahoo+Droid problem. But I don't write a monthly check to Yahoo or Google.

So I'm stuck in a half-baked, barely functional, greasy mess where each filthy rich corporation gets away with claiming the problem isn't theirs, it's one of the other corporations, or they get to say, "Hey, it's free. Stop complaining." They'll take no full responsibility for effectively managing the integration they are so proud of creating.

The bigger problem is the strategy clearly works, most of the time. These corps clearly profit and continue to wash their hands of full responsibility when things go wrong. I'm partly to blame for this mess because contributed to this concept by paying into it.

0 Likes
Jan1

I think we're talking to ourselves, folks! Verizon is NOT listening. Verizon and Yahoo should get together and figure this problem out NOW! They don't have any problem taking our money, do they? Now, my emails are not going through. I'm switching to another wireless provider. This sucks big-time, Verizon!!!!! What? Did you say something? Nah--it's just an auditory hallucination. Get your {word filter avoidance} together, Verizon! We're paying BIG bucks for this dog-and-pony show!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi rose252!

Thanks for your posting and thanks to the community for your input.

It's your Yahoo email and it's important, I completely understand. I also use a Charge myself, but I am not having the issue you all are describing. However, I have completed some research and have some information for you. 

This issue does seem to be an issue with Yahoo, since there does not seem to be an issue with the other email providers. I have a workaround that has been provided by our Data Technical Support team. Below are the steps. 

1. Remove the account

2. Add an email account

3. Go to Other

4. Put in email address and password then click manual setup

5. Choose IMAP (leave all settings as they are and complete setup) 

Please try this and post back with your results. I hope this information is helpful!

0 Likes
ddmcc

Thanks so much Christina.

While I'm reluctant to say the problem is solved, I did re-add one of my yahoo account per your configuration instructions a couple of hours ago. So far, there've been no sign-in error messages.

I'm also pulling emails from that same account through K-9 and Yahoo for Mobile for purposes of comparison.

If I don't see any error messages between now and Monday, I will be thrilled! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes