Yahoo email requesting to re-enter password often
rolub

OVer the past two days, i've been randomly getting a error that's telling me to re-enter my password to access yahoo email.  this is happening every few hours, about 8 times over the weekend.  I've looked through the settings and can't figure out how to correct this.  any help?

0 Likes
74 Replies
Glo

I am trying to follow Christina's instructions to solve the Yahoo email requesting to re-enter password often problem.  But how do I remove my current yahoo account?  I can only find "Add account" option.  Thank you.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Click on accounts, when your yahoo account is listed, long press it and scroll down to delete.

0 Likes
Santa_Barbara

I tried that but it would not push email at all. I'm still having the problem as of 10/23/11 930PST. I'm thinking about heading back to the Verizon store to demand a new phone because their native email app does not work with a common email such as Yahoo. We'll see how that goes, unless anyone has had success with it.

0 Likes
kbrahm

You can delete the account out of the Email app by Clearing the Data from the Manage Applications Area. 

0 Likes
ddmcc
I deleted all my yahoo accounts and re-instated them on my phone (Samsung Charge), but that didn't help with the sign-in error problem. But if you want to try deleting your yahoo email accounts on your phone: 1. get into the phone's email app 2. click the settings button; you should see an "accounts" button 3. click the accounts button; if you see a list of accounts, press and hold on one of the names, you should see a list of options including delete. Yesterday I downloaded the Yahoo mobile email app to my phone. It seems to work without complaining about sign-in passwords. So that's an option. While the Yahoo email app works, I'm used to the phone's native email app. For the moment, I'm comparing the 2 apps to see which one is best for me. If the Yahoo/Samsung/Verizon mess can't get this mess straightened out soon, I'll probably drop Yahoo. Their email service quality has dropped into the toilet in the last few months. Desiree
0 Likes
kbrahm

There are a lot of mixed reviews on the Yahoo! Mail app in the Market. Can you report back any issues?

0 Likes
ddmcc

No problem.

My initial reaction, likely because I'm more familiar with it, I prefer the phone's native email app just a little bit more.

• It's easier to access my multiple accounts (fewer clicks)
  • it's easier to differientiate read vs unread messages, and the light text on dark background is easier on my eyes than Yahoo's black text on white background.
  • I have multiple Yahoo accounts, but the Yahoo doesn't break down which accounts receieved the new messages. Unless I missed a setting somewhere, the notification panel just tells me I've got new messages, not which accounts they're associated with.
  • It's a bit easier to delete, since I can do multiple msg selects and select a command such as mark as read or delete, etc.

Pluses for the Yahoo email app:  I do like that it notifies me of all my incoming messages, even the ones I auto-forward to folders other than Inbox. Also, there appears to be a way higher default limit on the number of messages I can view. With the Samsung, the default limit is 50 msgs.

0 Likes
ddmcc

Thought I should correct one of the points I made against the Yahoo mobile app. It will allow multiple msg selections delete and move, once you know where to look.

It also allows other actions, but only per message: reply/all, forward, delete, mark as read/unread/spam, move, flag.

Like MS apps, the Yahoo UI app designs are a little clusmier than necessary.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

I've had this problem since saturday, it's really annoying, please help.

0 Likes
Jan1

Me, too!!!!!  It also won't send emails! Is there anyone out there to help???????????

0 Likes
ddmcc

While I doubt there is any specific dept at Yahoo to contact directly, I did submit an online technical problem ticket to "The Yahoo! Customer Care Team" (as in we don't "care"). Supposedly, they'll respond within 24 hours.I won't hold my breath.

If they do respond, being highly cynical, I expect something corporate-ly and useless like:

• no one else has this problem. try restarting your phone, contacting Samsung, Verizon, or upgrade to our paid email service.
  • we are aware of the problem and we working on it but cannot identify when the problem will be fixed. in the meantime try restarting your phone, contacting Samsung, Verizon, or upgrade to our paid email service.

0 Likes
Jan1

I was told to remove my passoword and type it again. It worked for about 5 seconds, then I got "enter password" again. This is ridiculous! Can't they TELL us if there's a problem? It would be nice.

0 Likes
ddmcc

I did get an automated response from Yahoo Customer Care. Reads as follows:

Hello ,

This automated message is confirmation that Yahoo! Customer Care has received your inquiry.

Please be aware that we are currently receiving unusually high volumes, so our reply is likely to exceed our normal 24-hour response time. But rest assured your inquiry is being routed to one of our Technical Support Agents. In the meantime, you may want to visit our Help Pages where our customers often find answers to their questions.

We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Yahoo! Customer Care

Unusually high volumes, eh?

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@UMFootball1989,

I can imagine how frustrating this must be to have to constantly enter you Yahoo email password on your phone in order to view your email. Are you still having this issue? If so, have you attempted the suggestion we provided in this thread? 

In case you have not tried the suggestion I have included it below:

1. Remove the account

2. Add an email account

3. Go to Other

4. Put in email address and password then click manual setup

5. Choose IMAP (leave all settings as they are and complete setup) 

Please try this and post back with your results. I hope this information is helpful!

0 Likes
UserID

The issue is not the phone. My wife has the same problem, re-entering the password for the email. The system she accesses is a company system. Each time this happens the IT peops have to reset something on their end. When reset everything is back to normal.

0 Likes
katzpau2000

I tried the suggestion from the two Verizon Wireless reps and while the annoying Yahoo sign in notices have stopped so have the notifications that I am receiving new emails.  The automatic push is NOT working. 

In order to SEE that I have new emails, I need to click Email from my home screen and even then go to Refresh for a new email to pop up....THEN the New email notification comes up in my notification bar. 

So now I either have to sign in to view an email every time I get one using the default Yahoo Email or constantly check/refresh to see if anything new happened to come in using the work around suggested...

0 Likes
rose252
Enthusiast - Level 2

This works John B... I am guessing the 4G is back up and running also? It seems to be steady for the last 24 hours. I would like to ask if there is a way to specify in email accounts on the charge ... that only the inbox syncs? I do not wish to view or sync on the folders in my email account to the device.

Thanks, Rose252

0 Likes
Ar-Pharazon

JohnB_VZW wrote:

UMFootball1989,

I can imagine how frustrating this must be to have to constantly enter you Yahoo email password on your phone in order to view your email. Are you still having this issue? If so, have you attempted the suggestion we provided in this thread? 

In case you have not tried the suggestion I have included it below:

1. Remove the account

2. Add an email account

3. Go to Other

4. Put in email address and password then click manual setup

5. Choose IMAP (leave all settings as they are and complete setup) 

Please try this and post back with your results. I hope this information is helpful!

Friday, the guy at the Verizon store removed the battery & restarted the phone.  This helped for about a day.

Today, the girl at the same store did what you suggested, but then yahoo mail wouldn't refresh (as in, it never stopped refreshing).  Pulling the battery fixed this again.

So far, an hour later, no problem.

Are we 100% sure this is just a yahoo problem?

Also, how many people changed over to the "new" yahoo mail and how many didn't?  I wonder if it could be related.

Edit:  I spoke too soon.  I already have the Sign-In error message back again and it won't refresh properly.

0 Likes
KTArgh

I removed by Yahoo email accounts, turned off my phone, removed the battery, and then added the accounts to my phone per John B's instructions.  (I've done this more than once.  The last time I re-added my accounts, the re-enter password pop up window appeared immediately after the account set-up was complete.  Help!!!

Does anyone else have any other solution to this problem?!?!?!

0 Likes
itisme1

The phone's native mail app is requiring me to re-enter my password just as often as would the Yahoo mail app.  So it appears that it doesn't really matter which way we go...just that it's tied to Yahoo Mail in the end.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Can someone from verizon please look into this issue. This is frustrating as my wife and I use or charges to get our yahoo mail....and now can't get it on the phones
0 Likes