Re: Yahoo email requesting to re-enter password often
Glo

I am trying to follow Christina's instructions to solve the Yahoo email requesting to re-enter password often problem.  But how do I remove my current yahoo account?  I can only find "Add account" option.  Thank you.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Click on accounts, when your yahoo account is listed, long press it and scroll down to delete.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@UMFootball1989,

I can imagine how frustrating this must be to have to constantly enter you Yahoo email password on your phone in order to view your email. Are you still having this issue? If so, have you attempted the suggestion we provided in this thread? 

In case you have not tried the suggestion I have included it below:

1. Remove the account

2. Add an email account

3. Go to Other

4. Put in email address and password then click manual setup

5. Choose IMAP (leave all settings as they are and complete setup) 

Please try this and post back with your results. I hope this information is helpful!

0 Likes
UserID

The issue is not the phone. My wife has the same problem, re-entering the password for the email. The system she accesses is a company system. Each time this happens the IT peops have to reset something on their end. When reset everything is back to normal.

0 Likes
katzpau2000

I tried the suggestion from the two Verizon Wireless reps and while the annoying Yahoo sign in notices have stopped so have the notifications that I am receiving new emails.  The automatic push is NOT working. 

In order to SEE that I have new emails, I need to click Email from my home screen and even then go to Refresh for a new email to pop up....THEN the New email notification comes up in my notification bar. 

So now I either have to sign in to view an email every time I get one using the default Yahoo Email or constantly check/refresh to see if anything new happened to come in using the work around suggested...

0 Likes
Santa_Barbara

I tried that but it would not push email at all. I'm still having the problem as of 10/23/11 930PST. I'm thinking about heading back to the Verizon store to demand a new phone because their native email app does not work with a common email such as Yahoo. We'll see how that goes, unless anyone has had success with it.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
Nope still not working on my charge or my wifes charge....still get sign in errors about ten times a day or so. Verizon can you please fix this.....contact yahoo please!!
0 Likes
rose252
Enthusiast - Level 2

This works John B... I am guessing the 4G is back up and running also? It seems to be steady for the last 24 hours. I would like to ask if there is a way to specify in email accounts on the charge ... that only the inbox syncs? I do not wish to view or sync on the folders in my email account to the device.

Thanks, Rose252

0 Likes
Ar-Pharazon

JohnB_VZW wrote:

UMFootball1989,

I can imagine how frustrating this must be to have to constantly enter you Yahoo email password on your phone in order to view your email. Are you still having this issue? If so, have you attempted the suggestion we provided in this thread? 

In case you have not tried the suggestion I have included it below:

1. Remove the account

2. Add an email account

3. Go to Other

4. Put in email address and password then click manual setup

5. Choose IMAP (leave all settings as they are and complete setup) 

Please try this and post back with your results. I hope this information is helpful!

Friday, the guy at the Verizon store removed the battery & restarted the phone.  This helped for about a day.

Today, the girl at the same store did what you suggested, but then yahoo mail wouldn't refresh (as in, it never stopped refreshing).  Pulling the battery fixed this again.

So far, an hour later, no problem.

Are we 100% sure this is just a yahoo problem?

Also, how many people changed over to the "new" yahoo mail and how many didn't?  I wonder if it could be related.

Edit:  I spoke too soon.  I already have the Sign-In error message back again and it won't refresh properly.

0 Likes
KTArgh

I removed by Yahoo email accounts, turned off my phone, removed the battery, and then added the accounts to my phone per John B's instructions.  (I've done this more than once.  The last time I re-added my accounts, the re-enter password pop up window appeared immediately after the account set-up was complete.  Help!!!

Does anyone else have any other solution to this problem?!?!?!

0 Likes