You Tube and 2.2 update
Teri319

I got the 2.2 update today, and now all of the sudden I am having trouble with YouTube.  Everytime I try and access YouTube, I get the message, "There is no network connection right now.  Please try again later."   What??  Before the update,  I didn't have trouble accessing YouTube.  Now, I keep getting the above message. 

Anyone have any ideas what I can do??

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: You Tube and 2.2 update
immobile2
I got tired of waiting & did the manual way (not rooting) & I was kind of **bleep**. All this hype about 2-5 times faster. Yea, right. I, as all got all the extra bells & whistles but no speed increase like I was waiting for. Well the Droid 2 that's coming will hopfully shine. Sorry, to your question. I've knowticed a couple extra options on YouTube, but no issues. You can try a hard reset; which is pull out the battery with the phone on, and leave the battery out for just a few seconds, then put it back in. Go into settings / applications / manage applications & find YouTube, click on it once where you'll see the option to Uninstall, but obviously don't do that, but look a bit down on the right where you'll see a Cache tab. If its not depressed, just press it in after high lighting it. As a matter of fact, as you knowtice things slowing down, go in there, hit the menu key to select "sort by size" & clear our as many as possible. And if all that doesn't do anything, you can try re programming it via *22899 which is the original programing, primarly for Smartphones & PDA's. It basicaly does *228 option 1 & 2. And if all that doesn't help, I would call vzw / tech support & if tech support gives you the run around. Ask for Data support. But C/S might be able to help you by simply seeing if there's any known outages and/or reception issues in your area, which isn't uncommon. Good luck !
0 Likes