I did a hard reset and setup on the phone. Then noticed the update had automatically started downloading so just went with it. When the installation progress bar started across the screen, it fairly quickly got to the 1/2 way point and stopped. After about 10 minutes with no progress I thought it was stuck. I waited a few minutes more and it started moving again, pretty quickly getting to the end where it paused again for 2 or 3 minutes. Took about 25 minutes overall, using wifi. Other than those two long pauses it was smooth and completed successfully.
Another thing I did before starting was to take screenshots of all my phone and certain app settings and transfer the images to my computer. Then after the update I just went through each screenshot on the computer and set all the phone settings as I had them. Fast and accurate.