active x compatibility
chetnguoi

Does anyone know if the droid is compatible with active X software.  I want to use it for remote access and security camera.

please advise , thank you

0 Likes
Re: active x compatibility
adam_losangeles
Enthusiast - Level 3

chetnguoi wrote:

Does anyone know if the droid is compatible with active X software.  I want to use it for remote access and security camera.

please advise , thank you

I was concerned myself with the very same capabilities as you and I was hesitant before I switched from my HTC Touch Pro 2 to my Droid.

Check out the following apps in Android Market:

For remote access solutions I use both "Remote RDP" (uses actual Microsoft secure remote protocol) and "PhoneMyPC" (an excellent quality application with rich features even though it's still in beta but has yet to crash or 'force quit').

For security camera viewing and control I'm using "IP Cam Viewer" which supports a long list of cameras and the developer is constantly updating it's capabilities while maintaining a good support forum.  The demo version let's you connect to a live Panasonic BB-HCM581 surveillance camera with full control of pan, tilt and zoom.  The full version is amazing.  You can connect to almost any type of camera in the world over IP (includes settings for logons with passwords) and will display a matrix of multiple live cameras on one screen.  I'm using it for both security and public traffic cams.

I did not start out at all as a 'fanboy' of the Droid but each day I'm discovering new capabilities and do not at all regret the switch.  Once "Flash" support comes out early next year, it will do everything I need.

0 Likes