after update cant turn off data or background
supermother1962

i use to turn  background& data off to save batttery now since update cant figure out how to turn off

0 Likes
Re: after update cant turn off data or background
Not applicable

settings - data usage - hit settings button - check restrict background data

0 Likes
supermother1962

it just has on& off under data usage,nothing to turn background off

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be under the Account setting for your email account associated with the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

supermother1962 wrote:

it just has on& off under data usage,nothing to turn background off

As I said press the settings button( the square thing on the very left on the button of your phone ) and it will give you the option

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go to Settings--> More-->  Tap Mobile Networks Settings) Data Enable is the Second one Down..  Back Ground is in the Developer Section but not sure this is connected to Data as it was in Gingerbread..

Update: To Restrict Background Data Go to settings Tap Data Scroll up a Bit and Tap your Settings Bar And there will be a Black Box With

1. Restrict Background Data  <----this is the one you want to Check
  2. Show Wi-Fi Usage
  3. Show Ethernet Usage
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

on the Bionic:

press the menu button > press 'system settings' > press 'data usage' > press the menu button > press 'Restrict background data' and then you should see a checkmark and get a pop-up reminding you that some apps won't work with background data off > press ok

And unlike what we had with Gingerbread, you probably will now have a note in your notification bar that background data is restricted.

Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

on the Bionic:

press the menu button > press 'system settings' > press 'data usage' > press the menu button > press 'Restrict background data' and then you should see a checkmark and get a pop-up reminding you that some apps won't work with background data off > press ok

And unlike what we had with Gingerbread, you probably will now have a note in your notification bar that background data is restricted.

yeah menu button thanks.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hmm i though i pointed that out unless my instructions went Hay Wire some were Menu i always called it the settings button Ha ya ya ya

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

Update: To Restrict Background Data Go to settings Tap Data Scroll up a Bit and Tap your Settings Bar And there will be a Black Box With

1. Restrict Background Data  <----this is the one you want to Check
  2. Show Wi-Fi Usage
  3. Show Ethernet Usage

Those instructions are incorrect on a Bionic, B ...

0 Likes