allythomp
allythomp

my bionic just froze on "emergency contact" to enter....I have tried to take battery out and shut it down, but didn't work--I can't get it to do ANYTHING.. I'm not real phone savey, but I would like to be able to use it...Any suggestions?  Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: allythomp
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some additional things to try include:

soft reset - hold power button and volume down button simultaneously for about 20 seconds

reset SIM - turn off phone, remove SIM card, power phone back on, then turn phone off again and reinsert the SIM card, turn phone back on

If all else fails, call Verizon from another phone or take it to your nearest Corporate store.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Denali

"soft reset - hold power button and volume down button simultaneously for about 20 seconds"

With the current OS, holding down the power button and the volume down button simultaneously takes a screen shot.

To do a "soft reset", simply power the phone off and back on: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=46734

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, duh!  I had a major brain freeze there, didn't I?     Yep, thanks for reminding me of that change now that the Bionic has ICS.

0 Likes