anyone happy with their VZ screen protectors? bubbles galore
oresteez

They are terrible...I just can't get all the bubbles out...and the longer you try and the more you peel it off and back on, the worse it gets, because particles get under it, and then you are REALLY screwed...

I wonder if I can take them back to the store and get my money back?

The guy at the store wouldn't even put it on for me...I asked if maybe he's a pro by now because of people asking them to do it....he said he didn't want to take any responsibility for putting them on the wrong way....in retrospect, I'm thinking maybe he knew they sucked and didn't want to blow his cover.

0 Likes
Re: anyone happy with their VZ screen protectors? bubbles galore
Eclyps19

yeah, the ones from the store blow.

I took the suggestions from people on here and got a zagg invisible shield. This thing is amazing. I put it on yesterday and have virtually no bubbles. It says microbubbles will vanish after 72 hours, so I guess I can update you then. Definitely worth it though. I went through all 3 of my Verizon ones and they all sucked :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

oresteez wrote:

They are terrible...I just can't get all the bubbles out...and the longer you try and the more you peel it off and back on, the worse it gets, because particles get under it, and then you are REALLY screwed...

I wonder if I can take them back to the store and get my money back?

The guy at the store wouldn't even put it on for me...I asked if maybe he's a pro by now because of people asking them to do it....he said he didn't want to take any responsibility for putting them on the wrong way....in retrospect, I'm thinking maybe he knew they sucked and didn't want to blow his cover.

If you go to the actual Motorola forum, you will find the following....Motorola does NOT recommend using a screen protector at all on the Droid, as it can affect the sensitivity of the screen, and also because since the screen is glass, it is very durable and does not need a screen protector.  The Motorola forum manager implies that Verizon agrees with this...(although, of course every Verizon sales rep is going to try to sell you on everything in the store they can possibly get you to buy before you leave....)

"We do not recommend using a screen protector on the DROID because it does impact the touch sensitivity. In fact, Verizon agreed with that so you must have run into an agent who missed that memo. The glass on the DROID is pretty durable. I would return the screen protector." -- Motorola Forums Manager
0 Likes
oresteez

My wife likes to just keep her Droid/(or any cell for that matter) in her purse/bag.... too risky to leave it uncovered in my opinion.  Maybe I should buy her the Zagg..

0 Likes
hguilfoy

The VZW tech told me that the bubbles would resolve over time.  Sure enough after 7 days bubbles are gone!  I never saw the Motorola warning and I am having difficulty at times with 'touch'.  I'll have to check that out.

0 Likes
dugnyc
0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

my VZ screen protectors went back to the store, along with the case and charger... The screen protectors because they were full of bubbles (and I had put them on while still in store... and the case and charger, because the sales rep that sold it to me was rude to me after the sale was made... I wanted her to lose a bit of her commission... as I left the store mad at her rudeness.

0 Likes