**bleep** Selling tactics at Verizon
JabroniUNM

Went to a local Verizon store over the weekend and purchased a Droid X, at the time of purchase I was told a shipping time of "3 to 5 business days."  I called verizon today to see if there would be a way to get a tracking number, from there I was told I shouldn't expect it to ship untill August 2nd.  Thanks Verizon!  I love being fooled into a purchse I probably would not have otherwise made!  Looking forward to the cheaper components used by the manufacturer to keep up with demand! Cheers Verizon and Motoralla!

0 Likes
Re: **bleep** Selling tactics at Verizon
AZSALUKI
Legend

sounds like the begining of the htc INCREDIBLE fiasco!!! check thread under droid incredible if you are unfamiliar with it. i just hope you actually get it then or sooner. htc inc orders were running at over one month wait for a little while!!!

0 Likes
elotter

i ordered my phone at 9am est on release date and just got off phone with a VZW CSR and he said it would be july 27th... i brought up the droid incredible and he got all defensive.. was quite funny...

0 Likes
JabroniUNM

Oh and if you look at the website it says the Droid X will ship by 7/27, apparently that only applies to orders played before 6/29.  So don't be fooled! If you want this phone be prepared to wait a long time.

0 Likes
elotter

the droid x was release on 7/15 jabroni...

0 Likes
JabroniUNM

Yes, and your point? I am well aware of the release date, that was the response the CSR gave me.

0 Likes
elotter

my point is {no personal comments, please}.. it wasnt available on june 29th to place an order

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i think his point was that vzn did not take orders before 6/29? the csr you got doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

0 Likes
JabroniUNM

I fail at a calander or Verizon and their Reps do?  I was merely relaying the information i was told.  That's cool you got your shipped out to you and all but this is merely for those considering a Droid X purchase through Verizon Wireless.  Verizon needs to adjust their marketing plan to underpromise and overdeliver, if you are told by motorola you'll have (excuse the pun) X amount of units and you decide you have X demand, tell customers the longer projected wait time so if they get it earlier they think "Gee, Verizon sure is swell" rather than "What the heck?! This again!?".

0 Likes
aatonytone

shoulda went to verizon on 7/15 n waiited in line or called them that morning, like everyone who has the phone!

0 Likes