calendar sync error
chicagojcb

Hi,

I have a Droid 2 Global and mostly I like it a lot and can figure out how to make it do what I need done.  I have always had issues with calendar sync, though.  I have 2 Google accounts and sometimes my secondary one duplicates.  That always fixes by removing and then reinstalling the account.

However, I'm having trouble with the other one.  This is my "base" account -- that is, it's tied to the phone and (says Verizon) can't be removed.  The trouble is, it stopped syncing automatically several months ago.  I have had to go and sync manually to get the calendar on my phone to update.  Until a couple of days ago, it would update even though the Last Sync date has remained March 7 2012 (no, I don't know/remember what might have happened on that day to create this problem). 

Today even manually syncing is not adding calendar items to the phone.  What I would like, of course, is for the auto syncing to work again.  It still works fine for Gmail, Drive, Reader, and Contacts.  Just not Calendar! 

I found some other sync discussions on this board but I can't follow the instructions there.  I can't find a menu item that says "accounts & sync".  My menu has "accounts" and when I touch that I get a list of them and only the option to remove one or add another.  When I touch an account I get a list of the sync status. 

The phone has been on and off and batteries changed many times since then.  Last week I even fixed a sudden "invalid SIM card" message by removing the battery and then removing and re-seating the SIM. 

Any ideas?  I haven't gone to a Verizon store yet.  My problem with that is that I could get help or I could get someone who knows less about how my phone works than I do.  Smiley Happy 

Thanks much--

0 Likes
Re: calendar sync error
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clear the data for the Calendar application.  Reboot the phone and force a resync of the gmail account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chicagojcb

I've rebooted the phone many times, with no change.  I don't think I know what you mean by clearing the data for the calendar app.  They only way I've made data disappear before was by removing the account, which I can't do with this one. 

Forcing a resync -- sometimes multiple times -- eventually brings the data into my calendar.  But the last sync date remains 3/7/2012 and the info will ONLY show up if I take the time to force it.  I would like very much to get it back to the point where it automates again.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to calendar > select it and press the clear data button.

Repeat the steps with the calendar storage application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chicagojcb

Well, this seems to have helped, at least partly.  Thanks!

The sync date updated, finally.  However I am suspicious that there's still something not quite right, as the little sync circle is still sitting there.  That doesn't happen with the other google account, so it remains to be seen if it will start syncing automatically again.

Nevertheless I am grateful to have this additional tactic -- at least I can refresh my whole calendar from scratch if I have to.  I appreciate your help!

Jeanne

0 Likes
poidude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two things to check:

1) From the Home Screen -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync

Under General sync settings

- Check Background Data

- Check Auto-sync

Under Manage accounts

- Select your accounts (one at a time)

- Ensure Sync Calendar is checked

2) From within the Calendar app

Menu -> More -> Calendars

- Make sure Visible & Sync are selected for the calendars you are interested in

Those are my menu name/options, hopefully yours are similar or you can find the appropriate ones.

0 Likes