call forwarding to wrong number?
paigeinabook
Enthusiast - Level 2

The strangest thing I have encountered with a phone happened last night.

My husband  has a Droid Incredible2 4G.

Last night, I dialed him from my (old Droid Incredible) call history screen. After ringing 5 or 6 times, I heard a clicking, it rang 3 or 4 more times and went to the voice mail of one of his friends.

A person hubby works with said he had the same experience this week while trying to call my husband. 

Hubby has not activated call forwarding at all on his phone. We are baffled as to how this happened.

We took the phone over to the Verizon Store today and the tech said his call forwarding had probably been accidentally enabled using *72.

But if you use *72, you still have to put in the 10 digit phone number of the phone you want the calls forwarded to, so how could that be "accidental"?

This is concerning since hubby surely does not want business calls going to someone else's voice mail!

Has anyone here on the forum had this experience and if so, how did you correct it?

Re: call forwarding to wrong number?
Not applicable

Is it possible someone that works in the office that your "hubby" works in is accessing phones and enabling the call forwarding feature in order to steal some business from his co-workers?

It is odd that this has happened to two people in the same office.  The other person who that had this happen, were his calls forwarded to the same phone number?

It's also possible someone in the office is "pranking" his co-workers which I'm sure your husband does not see the humor in.

0 Likes
paigeinabook
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hubby doesn't work in an office, he's a road warrior. So, no, it just isn't possible for someone to have pranked his phone.

I wish that's all it was. Thanks for the thought, though. In a normal household, it could certainly be possible.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Did *73 or is it #73, correct the issue?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

0 Likes
paigeinabook
Enthusiast - Level 2

We did do *73 and hope that it did resolve the issue. And I made sure on the Verizon Wireless website that call forwarding is not enabled. We are just waiting now to see if it happens again.

0 Likes