camcorder
justincrews
When I try to record video the droid will shut the camcorder down and go back to the main menu. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Re: camcorder
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Do you have an automatic task killer?
0 Likes
clangschultz

Try advanced task killer app.  maybe you need to free up some memory.  or check your running services under settings>applications.  maybe you have too much running.  I installed several apps because I felt like there was way too much background services running.

If all else fails, pull the battery

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Ummmm, no

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

If you have one, uninstall it. They don't work for 2.2 anyway.
0 Likes
justincrews
Excellent. I ininstalled the app killer and then restarted the camcorder. It worked. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

justincrews wrote:
Excellent. I ininstalled the app killer and then restarted the camcorder. It worked. Thanks for the help.

I am not against task killers if they are used properly but, I think those 2 events are not associated in any way.  The task killer freeing up memory didnt let the camcorder launch. 

But...glad your camcorder works now.

dj.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You'd be surprised at the goofy stuff that happens when those things are running.
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

demmo86rt wrote:
You'd be surprised at the goofy stuff that happens when those things are running.

Yeah demmo..Goofy stuff happens because people unknowingly set it to maximum kill and "auto kill" everything.  Even necessary system processes. 

I use taskpanel and have for a long time on all my android devices.  Also, on my 2.2 droid 1 for months and my X.

I am not as fervently against task killers as I know you are.  But I do agree people misuse them a lot!!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
And, I completely agree with you here, dj. I did have ES Task Manager on my phone for a long time, but the last time I reloaded my apps, I realized how long it had been since I actually used it, so I left that one off. Maybe I'm just getting lazy, but I find it easier to suggest to uninstall it than try to explain the "right" way to use it.
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

demmo86rt wrote:
And, I completely agree with you here, dj. I did have ES Task Manager on my phone for a long time, but the last time I reloaded my apps, I realized how long it had been since I actually used it, so I left that one off. Maybe I'm just getting lazy, but I find it easier to suggest to uninstall it than try to explain the "right" way to use it.

Yes..i think we misunderstood each other for a second.

I will try to stay away from this topic now because for some reason it frustrates me.

0 Likes