can not get updates to work?
aces

not sure why but can not update the follwoing: pandora, facebook, and the new verizon widget.  i uninstalled facebook and tried to re install and errors out.  all of these error out within 15 seconds of statrting down load.  i hav etons of space left. and not sure what is going on now. cleared all cache and also pulled the battery. just keep getting the beautiful triangle when loading updates on these 3.

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: can not get updates to work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello aces,

I can imagine the frustration that you have experienced due to your applications not updating.  Many apps need those constant updates to keep them working efficiently!  Have you tested the connection on Wi-Fi to see if they will update?  There is a setting that will cause applications not to update over the 3G network.  Make sure Data Saver is turned off in the Settings.

Menu>Settings>Battery and Data Manager>Data Saver>Data Saver>Uncheck.

Please keep me updated on the status so that we can work further towards a solution, if needed.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

Re: can not get updates to work?
BevM
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been happening to me for several months, and I even went to a VZW store to try to figure out why.  Today I decided I had time to look into it here on the forum, and lo and behold, there is my answer!  I changed the Data Saver setting and should be able to update or download apps via 3G instead of WiFi now.  Thank you!!

0 Likes