can't access contacts, not receiving texts, not all calls come through....
mhgr

I downloaded the required update to my Motorola Droid Bionic this morning.   Ever since I can't get into my contacts.  For over 8 hours when I click  on the contacts icon, I see a message:  "Contact list is being  updated."  I am not receiving text messages and only occasionally do I  receive incoming phone calls.  I can call out however.  Most of my  emails aren't coming through either.  I've tried turning off and  removing the battery.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: can't access contacts, not receiving texts, not all calls come through....
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure why you started a duplicate thread to this one:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/954772#954772

At any rate ... you might try a system cache clear:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
mhgr

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just went through the steps for system cache clear and unfortunately when I click on my contacts icon, I still get the message: "Contact list is being updated."  This is what I've seen all day.

Btw, the reason I reposted is because I put the original question under Droid 2 instead of Bionic.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but at least you answered here and I hadn't gotten a response with the old question.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Duplicate posts are against the forum's Terms of Service, so the Moderators have locked the other thread.  I saw the other one but hadn't had a chance to respond yet. 

I haven't seen the contact list error you've encountered.  Are your contacts backed up to Google or Backup Assistant?  If so, you may want to back up everything else and do a factory reset (I'd pull the SD card to be on the safe side).

0 Likes
mhgr

Okay, I'll try that next and thank you for the heads up about the duplicate posts.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good luck; I hope the factory reset corrects the issue.

0 Likes
courtct

I am having the same issue and have done the same solution listed above (a few times).  And I am still having the issue.  I can not receive texts or incoming calls after my system upgraded this morning (4/20/13).  Any other solutions?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd suggest backing everything up, removing the SD card to be on the safe side, and factory resetting the phone.

0 Likes