can't receive or send emails all of a sudden
dw65

My phone Droid X was working seemlessly for weeks both sending and receiving emails until this morning. All morning I could not reply to any incoming emails. 

I called Go Daddy (my email service provider) and checked all settings.  They are correct.  We played around changing to some alternate settings and send test messages back and forth but this did not correct the problem so I went back to the original settings which have worked totally fine in the past.

Now I am not receieving OR sending emails from the phone. 

I have noticed that  there is "loss of service" message occasionally on my phone which makes me wonder if Verizon somehow "times out" while I'm sending emails??? and now perhaps while receiving.  I have no idea and Go Daddy truly tried to help me (3 different people) and nothing has alleviated the problem.

PLEASE HELP.  THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING AND NEED TO DO BUSINESS VIA THE PHONE WHEN AWAY FROM OFFICE.

0 Likes
Re: can't receive or send emails all of a sudden
Wildman
Legend

Since the release of 4G there appears to be a number of data issues showing up in the network, this sounds like one of this issues... Have you tried going into airplane mode and then back out and see if this restores the connection and resolve this issue, also you can try a app called "Restart Connection" from market because it allows you to restart connection with a button press.

0 Likes
Re: can't receive or send emails all of a sudden
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Dw65, did any of the recommended options work for you? Are you still having issues? Please let us know if you were able to resolve this issue. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes