can't use phone in europe
hps

Got HTC Incred 2 and is great.  Now in Europe for first time and email works but not calling.  Any suggestions?  Can't find number to contact verizon from Europe either. thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't use phone in europe
Jon_Doh
Contributor - Level 1

Did you have the phone activated for international calling before you left?  Also, in Phone Settings make sure Global is selected.  If you've done those things the phone should work anywhere Vodafone has coverage or coverage agreements.  

I wonder if you might pull the sim card and put one you've bought locally with prepaid minutes?

Also tried to find a non 800 number for you, but didn't see one anywhere on their site.  I suppose *611 won't work either.  

0 Likes
Re: can't use phone in europe
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

hps wrote:

Got HTC Incred 2 and is great.  Now in Europe for first time and email works but not calling.  Any suggestions?  Can't find number to contact verizon from Europe either. thanks

Thanks Jon_Doh for the feedback and suggestions!

hps,

I'm sure it is important to be able to stay in touch with family and friends while you are visiting abroad, so I would like to further assist!

As Jon_Doh already mentioned, you would've needed to activate global features on your account before leaving the Verizon Wireless coverage area in order for your phone to be able to make calls while roaming.  I would also need to know what country you are in to ensure your device is capable of making calls in that particular country.

I am including a link with information about international services below:

International Services

Let me know those details so I can further assist.

0 Likes