cant send email
bigrodfan

I can recieve my bellsouth email just fine but it wont let me send! My gmail works fine. Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cant send email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bigrodfan! I know it's important to be able to send emails, especially if it's your primary email! Let's get to the bottom of this for you! I'd like to thank Ann154 for the input to your question! I also have some information and steps for you to follow.

Check your account password settings within Incoming server settings for problems with incoming mail, within Outgoing server settings if you can't send email. So, you're going to want to check the Outgoing server settings. Also, retry receiving on Wi-Fi vs only 3G to see if there are any restrictions on the WiFi service you are using.

4. You could also be using several devices with the same email account and those email settings might be causing new email to be on one device at a time.

•Check your email settings to make sure you are leaving a copy of the email message on the server. This will ensure that emails go to all your devices accessing the account. ***Emails will not be deleted (including wastebasket) until they are removed from the server (generally thru computer access).

Please use this link for bellsouth email. http://bit.ly/UqckXx

Thanks in advance,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like your outgoing server settings aren't right.  Double check your email settings with the mobile server settings for your ISP.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bigrodfan

I don't know how Smiley Sad

>Personal info deleted<

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Posting your full name and email address isn't a good idea on this public community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bigrodfan! I know it's important to be able to send emails, especially if it's your primary email! Let's get to the bottom of this for you! I'd like to thank Ann154 for the input to your question! I also have some information and steps for you to follow.

Check your account password settings within Incoming server settings for problems with incoming mail, within Outgoing server settings if you can't send email. So, you're going to want to check the Outgoing server settings. Also, retry receiving on Wi-Fi vs only 3G to see if there are any restrictions on the WiFi service you are using.

4. You could also be using several devices with the same email account and those email settings might be causing new email to be on one device at a time.

•Check your email settings to make sure you are leaving a copy of the email message on the server. This will ensure that emails go to all your devices accessing the account. ***Emails will not be deleted (including wastebasket) until they are removed from the server (generally thru computer access).

Please use this link for bellsouth email. http://bit.ly/UqckXx

Thanks in advance,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bigrodfan

WHEN I TRY TO CHECK MY SETTINGS, IT SAYS CANNOT CONNECT TO THE MAIL SERVER TO VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT. YOUR SERVER IS NOT RESPONDING...

0 Likes
bigrodfan

Hot Dog it worked!!!!! Thanks sooooo much!

0 Likes