clock app force closing
srosen

my clock app is telling me to force close....anyone know how to fix this and get it working again

0 Likes
Re: clock app force closing
Mischief86

Mine is doing the same thing, started around the 15th... Its very disruptive. I have tried restarting the phone, and I have tried a battery pull and it still does it. Throw that on top of the other issues I'm having and I'm getting fed up with this phone.

0 Likes
Re: clock app force closing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello srosen and Mischief86,

The clock app is one of the most commonly used apps on any cell phone! Let’s be honest, in today’s society the clock app is more than just a clock. This app serves as our alarm clock, a world clock, a stop watch, and a timer. In some devices, weather updates are also integrated in the clock app. With so many critical features in the clock app, it’s that much more imperative that we get this working for you.

May I ask what software version do you have on your Droid Charge? Also, are you using the stock clock app or is the issue with a 3rd party clock that was downloaded from the Google Play? I’m assuming that there isn’t any physical or liquid damage on the device. If this is not the case then please provide as well as this may contribute to the issue. If it’s the stock app then we may have to do a factory reset. Please see the link below for the steps.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42407

Once you have completed a factory reset, the device will need to be re-setup for use. There is a brief tutorial on the device that will walk you through this process. Once the device has been setup, please test the voice and data services on the device. Of course that’s in addition to verifying that the clock app works. Once you have done do then please reply with your findings as it may help another community member.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes