compuserve email on my droid x
juliestal

I can't get my compuserve email account to setup on my droid x, can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: compuserve email on my droid x
Wildman
Legend

Are you accessing it through Outlook or the browser on your pc because CompuServe is a pop server based account it should be able to use the same settings you use in Outlook, if you use the HTTP (Web Browser) version you may have to contact CompuServe for the correct settings.

Here is setting for... Try using the incoming and outgoing settings..

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

1. Connect to CompuServe by using the CompuServe software or your existing network connection.
  2. Open Outlook.
  3. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
  4. Click the E-mail tag, and then click New.
  5. Click Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next,
  6. Click to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then click Next.
  7. Click the Internet E-mail option, and then click Next.
  8. Type the following information in the corresponding fields:
    • In the Your Name box, type your name.
    • In the E-mail Address box, type your CS2000 address.
    • In the Incoming mail server (IMAP) box, type imap.cs.com .
    • In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box, type smtp.cs.com.
    • In the User Name box, type your CS2000 logon name.
    • In the Password box, type your CS2000 password (this step is optional).
    • Click Remember password if you do not want to be prompted for your password each time you log on (this step is optional).
  9. Click More Settings.
  10. Click the Outgoing Server tab, and then click to select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
  11. Click to select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server check box, and then click the Connection tab.
  12. Make sure that the Connect using my local area network (LAN) check box is selected, and then click OK.
  13. Click Next, and then click Finish to save your settings.

The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

0 Likes
Re: compuserve email on my droid x
kapetrini

I have my account set up without Outlook using an IMAP server setting. You can find instructions at the following site: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48924/~/droid---aol-email-set-up

The interesting thing is that the server setting used to be imap.cs.com but without any announcement, it has changed to imap.aol.com. If you use this server address for both outgoing and incoming settings, it will work.

0 Likes