contact picture shows up as Gray box on my ALL MESSAGES screen
asikora15

Hi,

I've associated some pictures with some of my contacts

When i click on the Messages icon on my home screen

It takes me to the ALL MESSAGES screen

I see some of my texts in there that i have received... but the contac pictures are only showing as Gray boxes...

if I click on the actual text message... to open it....  the contact picture shows up then  ??

Why is the contact picture showing up as a Gray Box... when I'm on the All Messages screen ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: contact picture shows up as Gray box on my ALL MESSAGES screen
conus00

I have the very same problem. I have a set of "CallerID" pics on my SD card. They are linked in contacts.

Pictures show just fine in contact list (People), when I make or receive call and also inside of the actual chat conversation in Messaging.

The only place they do not show up is on All Messages screen.

I just had my phone recently replaced under warranty and the replacement came with 2.3.4 installed. I'm getting feeling that the issue is related to the new version of Messages app. It worked perfectly fine on my old handset...

I really hope that this issue will get addressed and fixed soon. I was used to pick up my message thread just by quick look on the contact pic. It is quite annoying!

0 Likes
Re: contact picture shows up as Gray box on my ALL MESSAGES screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Conus00

I can look into this contact picture issue with you. Did this start after an application was downloaded? Do you have a downloaded messaging application? Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's a link for safe mode: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31062

Please let me know the results of your testing.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes