copy previous mail in reply in Messaging
sdpk
When replying to email in Messaging, anyone found a way to have the mail being responded to auttomatically copied into the reply as Outlook and many web clients do?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: copy previous mail in reply in Messaging
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately at this time you can only forward previous emails. The ability to copy them into the reply is currently unavailable. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately at this time you can only forward previous emails. The ability to copy them into the reply is currently unavailable. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
sdpk

It does help, in that it explains that I can't get the pre-installed mail client to do something many other e-mail clients can do.  It is disappointing that this feature isn't in Messaging - it seems simple and standard.  I will see if there are other e-mail clients that I can obtain.

0 Likes
sdpk

To be more clear about my reactions - I understand the feature of copying past e-mail is not implemented in Messaging.  So, the factual answer above tells me what I need to know.  However, I am disappointed in the answer and regard the Messaging app an incomplete e-mail client because of the lack of this feature (plus a couple of others I've listed in previous posts).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Messaging app originally not supposed to do it.  All Android devices  uses emails, and not messaging for emails.  I do not own a D2, but when I owned my Cliq it was just nice added feature that messaging showed emails in it as well.  I believe it was convenient to have everything put into one app.  Sure it would be nice to have it do what you want.  Best option is to send a enhancement request to Motorola, and if there is enough requests they may implement something.

0 Likes
sdpk

Good point.  I am hoping VzW and Motorola are monitoring these boards.  A VzW employee was a respondent earlier in this thread.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I put in a enhancement request on Motorola's website in hopes to see it come to their devices on a future update.  I think it will be nice to have it all bundled into 1 app.

0 Likes