data plan
mchellis

My 3G icon is not on the top of the screen. I know that means it's off. But, how do I get it turned on again?

0 Likes
Re: data plan
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

make sure "data enabled" is checked in settings>data manager>data delivery

0 Likes
mchellis

It is enabled, but, no change.

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Hmmm.   I would just make sure that you do the normal, reboot, pull the battery, etc and see if that correct it.  And make sure you aren't restricting your data use through any other applications/battery savers/etc...Otherwise, if you normally have 3g service in that location it could be some sort of temporary disruption to the service.  In any case, a call to VZW might be in order...Good luck!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you selected wifi?

0 Likes
mchellis

Thanks bud. there are two droid phones here at home, and one has it just fine, mine doesn't. I know I probably did something through an application or setting, I just can't figure out which one it is.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
mchellis

Yes, I can activate Wifi & things are fine. But, if there is no wifi, it doesn't default back to 3G or anything.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

How are you toggling WiFi on and off?  If you go into Menu / Settings / Wireless & network settings, what is turned ON, if anything? Also, when you say your 3G icon is missing - are you saying that all you have is the 4 blue bars next to the battery icon and NOTHING for the 3G icon ???? or is 3G & the up/down arrows there, but just not working?

There is a free app in market - you MAY have to download it using WiFi is your 3g really is not working at all ... When you run it, there is a test cal;ed "GSM/UMTS" - select that and go to the very bottom where it says "DATA" ...  I suspect it will say Data Activity = none, Data State = disconnected ... if in fact your 3G is not functioning.

0 Likes
mchellis

Everybody, thank you. I turned it off, pulled the battery, & back on. Got back the 3G. Sorry to be so long writing back. Had to leave. Just got home.

Thanks to all of you for your time.

0 Likes