deteriorating conditions, phone not charging, car mode/dock mode, etc
cristinak

About 2 weeks ago, my droid incredible 2 started behaving strangely.  It started going into car mode and dock mode (back and forth, randomly), which closes out any program you happen to be using and is just generally annoying.  I also noticed at this time, that when the phone was in car mode or dock mode, no sound would come from the speakers, including ringers, alarms, videos.  SN- I made sure the ringer volume and medial volume were turned up.  After restarting the phone, sound would resume.  Another thing that started happening with the car mode/dock moden was that every time I made or received a call, it would automatically go into speaker phone. At the same time, I started having trouble chargning my phone.  I found that I had to mess around with the placement of the cord to get the phone to charge (by this I mean to get the orange light to turn on... when I could get the orange light to turn on,  and the phone charged, it held the charge as it usually did).  It got harder and harder to charge the phone as the week went on, and by the end of the week I could not get the phone to work with the charger.  I tried to plug the phone in through USB into the computer, which also didnt really work (had the same trouble trying to get the orange light to turn on)and I tried using my rommates charger (he;s never had trouble with his) and I was having the same problem.  I took the phone to the Verizon store and they told me that it was my charger.  I got a new one and I am still having the same trouble.  Now if I can get the orange light to turn on, it might just blink and do nothing OR the orange light will turn on, but the phone won't actually charge.  Is anyone else having the same trouble? 

0 Likes
Re: deteriorating conditions, phone not charging, car mode/dock mode, etc
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

You are correct when you say the Incredible 2 is behaving strangely. You seem to have quite a few things going on.

Since you have tried an alternate charger and are still having the same problem, there must be a problem with the charging port itself. It's not good if you aren't able to charge the phone at all!

The good news is that the phone should still be covered under the one year manufacturer's warranty as long as there is no physical or liquid damage on the device.

You can call in to (800)922-0204 option 3 in order to get the phone replaced, or feel free to send me a PM (private message) and I will be happy to process the replacement for you.

Whichever works best for you.

0 Likes
CarlosAugustus

hi my phone isn't charging at all either i've tried three different chargers and no good.. is it covered by the warranty? and if it is can i go into a verizon store to get it exchanged?

0 Likes
amylew

Do the most recent update.  That solved all my problems, some of which were similar to yours.

0 Likes
nana4

I having some of the same problems.... Mine has started to change to car mode, and every time I receive or may a call the speaker comes on, also phone will not ring, I have taken the phone by a Verizon store twice, they took the battery out and said it was locked up , second time they said the speaker setting was on . Do  I need to get another phone, I got my phone in July 2011 is it still under warranty?

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

CarlosAugustus wrote:

hi my phone isn't charging at all either i've tried three different chargers and no good.. is it covered by the warranty? and if it is can i go into a verizon store to get it exchanged?

Hi CarlosAugustus,

I feel your pain; I'd be frustrated if my phone didn't charge. Since you tried different charges, the phone's charge port may be the problem. This is covered by the one year manufacturer's warranty; however, stores may not be able to replace on the spot as they do not usually have Certified Like New Devices to provide replacements. If your phone is still within the one year manufacturer's warranty please visit this LINK for details on the replacement process.

0 Likes