direct to voice mail
kauerbach

a number of calls to me are going direct to voice mail.   I am not on the phone at the time.   what can I do to get these calls rather than have them go to voice mail

0 Likes
Re: direct to voice mail
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi. 

You may have a  form of [Call Forwarding] activated.  Below I have provided you with the steps to disable Call Forwarding.

From your device: 

1. Dial *73.
  2. Press Send and wait for confirmation beeps / message.
  3. Press End 
Thank you,
0 Likes
Tiger73

I followed your advice.  It worked yesterday.  This morning the same problem arose.  I have again done the *73 routine - but - How is this set in the first place so that I don't have to start each morning with *73.  I have not downloaded any apps since yesterday.  All I did was put my phone into sleep mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tiger73,

I know it is very important to receive all calls.  Are some of your calls going directly to voicemail or all of your calls?  If all of your calls are going to voicemail most likely call forwarding is activated.  To enable immediate call forwarding dial *72 send, to enable no answer/ busy transfer dial *71 send and *73 send disables both.  Is it possible you are dialing anything similar to *71 or *72 to accidentally enable call forwarding?  If not, please advise and clarify if this is affecting all or your calls or calls at random.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OconeeGreene

VZW Support, I have a Android Merge by HTC. I have the same problem that Tiger73 described.  Beginning two days ago I ceased receiving phone calls and while exploring the cause I saw that my phone was set on "Silent" mode. I thought this had just "happened" inadvertently. I changed it to Normal mode but it kept reverting to Silent.  After many attempts, and after removing the battery and reattaching the battery, it is now set to "Normal". I have all volume settings turned all the way up high. When I change the call/ring sound the phone sounds audibly. When I get a gmail msg, the phone makes an audible tone. However, calls made to my phone go immediately to voicemail!  PLEASE suggest something else to try. I did the *73 thing already but that has no effect. I have NEVER used call forwarding on this phone. Normally I just turn the sound all the way down if I don't want to hear it ring.  Thanks for any help!

Linda H.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OconeeGreene,

That's no good! Is this effecting all calls from coming through or specific contacts? Do you notice this happening in one location, like home or work, more than other locations? Are there other people in the home that have the same issue? I recommend dialing *228 SEND, and selecting option 2 to update the preferred roaming on the device. You also may benefit from going to Settings> About Phone> System update to ensure you are on the latest software. Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OconeeGreene

Adam,

Thank you for your response and suggestions. I was able to "cure" the problem by removing the battery while the phone was ON. I had tried it with the phone off. Apparently it needed to reset itself and seems to be okay now.

I'll save your suggestion in the event this happens again.

Linda

0 Likes
plgc58

I have an LG Revolution and depending on where I am in my house my phone doesn't ring but I get notifications that I have a voice message.  When I look at call log it doesn't show any calls being received yet I have a message from someone...people I know.  Why isn't it ringing or loging the call?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question plgc58! It sounds like you have certain areas inside your house that receive variable coverage (low/no coverage). This can be expected depending on the construction of your home, distance from the cell site, weather, etc. We do offer these as a solution for indoor coverage issues: http://bit.ly/AKkC Check it out and be sure to let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes