Re: discontinuing the droid!!!!
dakotadiann

they are not discontinuing the droid or the eris. as  you said if you work for verizon you should know more than your customers. you can still get the moto droid as well as the eris. idk where your getting your information from but it is wrong. they are just coming out with newer better phones. as every company does, becasuse people always want the new better thing.

0 Likes
dakotadiann

and verizon has no problem replacing the phones, you get a refurbished phone. which people do not understand a refurbished phone is a used fixed phone. it will more than likely work worse than your brand new phone that you have problems with. unless you carry a protecell insurance where they will give you a brand new phone each time.

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am dealing with customer service not a store. The phone has not even been out a year and already discontinued? WHY? Because of so many failures.

I keep hearing there are no problems with the droid from verizon however on the 5 social sites I have posted my problem on only one person that has a moto droid has defended it! The other 75 has affirmed they are on their 2od or 3rd droid!!!

So I am not buying the excuse of there is no problem with the droid!!!

0 Likes
dakotadiann

okay thats your hearing, but they are not discontinueing the phone.

and what problem are you having with the phone?

have  you taken it to a store to see if they can diagnose it and figure it out?

maybe you have a outdated software?

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done everything verizon has asked and they agree the 3rd one is defective. I will say again Motorola said the phone has been discontinued!!! And they will be no updates for it after 2.2!!! Do you think I am making this up?

All I want is a phone that will not need to be replaced evey two months!!!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

dakotadiann wrote:

okay thats your hearing, but they are not discontinueing the phone.

and what problem are you having with the phone?

have  you taken it to a store to see if they can diagnose it and figure it out?

maybe you have a outdated software?

The phone is on the end of life list.  Give it a couple months and you won't see the original droid at Verizon anymore.  The Eris has already been canned.  You may be able to find refurbs if yours breaks but Assurian (company that offers the insurance through verizon) is already offering the Eris, devour and ally as replacements since their Droid stocks are almost nonexistent.

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you PJNC284 you are correct! The droid is canned and with good reason Verizon and Motorola should man up and replace the phones with equal abilty and value phones. Look at Toyota they have to recall and or replace defective product why shold Verizon or Motorola not have to?

Got some news talked to customer service they are going to call with a offer by 8 pm EST tomorrow 8/3/10. I am hoping for a reasonable offer if they do have a reasonable offer I will take it!!!! Seems when you file a BBB complaint they take you more serious!!!

Just want this behind me!!!!

0 Likes
OKAY

Maybe you should chill out. It's just a phone. I spoke to a verzion representative, and was told that for one they are not discontinuing the droid, two, the droid two is coming out, and three orginal droid is getting froyo first. 

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay That is funny because the verizon reps I have spoken to admit that the droid is no longer being made. They also admit it will not be updated past 2.2.

As far as it just being a phone that is true, a phone I depend on for my business and to keep me in contact with my family. The only phone I have, and seeing as I travel for my business it would do no good to have a land line.

Verizon needs to take care of the people that keeps them in business. Not try and cover there hind ends when they have a problem. They should hold Motorola's feet to the fire to make a clearly defective product good.

They brag about service but out of the 75 or more responces I have recived one my social sites only one person is happy with Verizon. Not a shining track record is it?

As far as froyo it does nothing to corrrect bad hardwear!!! It is a softwear update that did not help my phone at all!!!

So maybe the one that needs to chill is you along with getting your facts straight!!!

0 Likes
Iceshag

You're just trying to weasel a Droid 2 out of Verizon...and if I know it, then Verizon surely does.  Not that I entirely disagree that if you entered into a contract with them and pay for the insurance every month that it's fair of them to just tell you too bad and try to pass you off an inferior product..I just wish somebody who sounded a little more intelligent and less whiney had created this thread. 

And of course Verizon doesn't actually care about you and your feelings.  Why would they? Do you care about Verizon's feelings?  You aren't friends, you aren't related, you aren't even acquaintances.  Verizon is in business to make money, not because it has a genuine strive to make the world a better place by being able to stream music live and call your friends for free at nights and on weekends all boistered by blazing fast 3g technology on the largrst network in the nation.  =D   And you know what..that's okay.  That does not make them an evil or greedy company.   I would think you as a business man would understand that concept.  No free Droid 2 for you, my friend.  Haha.

0 Likes