Re: discontinuing the droid!!!!
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no desire to weasel anything out of verizon nor do I desire to be their friend. I do expect them to provide what they told me they would when they took my money and that is a phone that works.

Seeing as there are hundreds of customers on this fourm alone complaining about the droid that Motorola made and verizon put their name on and sold , I really don't think it is just me that has been wronged.

Yes Verizon is in business to make money however treating their customers badly is no way to do that. I treat the people I service like I would want to be treated if I buy a product and install it and it turns out to be defective I replace it at my expence. Then I go back to where I bought it and get back what I am out. If they will not make it good to me I will not buy there product and will inform as many people as I can that they do not stand behind their products.

It is call free market and that is why some companys do well and others die out. Why would I keep doing business with a company that will not provide what they said they would?

As far as what I am going to get from verzion I will know soon and if it is not reasonable I will let the BBB claim continue.

As far as whining How is asking for what they promised whining?

0 Likes
Iceshag

Like I said, I dont think this is the fairest move on their part.  However, I guarantee they aren't doing anything illegal or actually in breach of contract....they aren't Comcast, afterall.  Which means your complaint to the BBB is asignine.  Also I'm glad that you treat your customers fairly in your business, however, there is a difference between small businesses and big businesses.  You do not have millions and millions of customers frolicing around with your pricey products flinging them around, dropping them, or perhaps even intenionally sabataging the at whim just to get another phone, many times repeating this 4 and 5 times.  Those costs add up, even Verizon does not have unlimitted resources.  So you shouldnt compare your business and the way you handle things to how they do, because those comparissons are not proportional. 

Like I said though this is a rather weak move on their part, I agree.  Just admit it though...you're trying to get a better phone.  Lets pretend Verizon ends up offering you two options:  A brand new original MotoDroid, not refurbished, but straight off the assembly line...or a refurbished (but most likely still perfectly good) Droid 2...I will bet you one million dollars I know which one you would pick.

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow you really think that way don't you!

I am leaning very hard to changing into something that is not even in the android market. So you could not be more wrong!

While I don't doubt their are people out there that lie just to try to update their phones. Take a look at the complaints on the Moto droid. They are stagering!!!

The proudct is not what it should be in many ways mostly in dependabilty!!!

I worked with GM for years and they have a great system to provide help for customers that really need it and at the same time weeding out scammers. Are we to believe Verison can't do the same?

0 Likes
shersher
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read several recent posts that Asurion will replace the Droid with either the Droid Incredible or the Droid X as soon as the supply becomes available.  It could be months down the line though.  But, it's a step in the right direction I suppose.  I sure as heck do not want a referbished Droid or an LG Ally should my Droid stop working!!  I understand your anger & frustration. 

Good luck to you!!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I have to say that my Droid has been pretty much flawless for the ~7months I've had it so far along with everyone that I personally know that has one.  Granted mine was only stock for about 2 weeks so I wasn't sitting around and waiting on Verizon/Motorola/Google to improve software related issues with an update.  I don't really think there's a hardware issue.  Yes you may get a lemon here or there but I'm going with most issues being user related from my observations on the real android forums.  That'll ruffle a lot of feathers but the problems are usually that the user expects the phone to behave a certain way based on a previous device.  With an open market, issues also arise with apps misbehaving and improper use of task killers.  And some people just aren't ready for an OS like Android.  It's so much about money money money these days that Verizon markets the crap out of these phones and puts them in the hands of people who don't really need them.

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am glad you have had good luck however for every story of good service for the droid there a many more that has had problems. On here there are many that are on there 2od 3rd or 4th droid.

Each time I have had troble with my phone I went through a tech supports test and updates each time they decided the phone had hardwear trouble not softwear. Including this time.

So your statement that people are not using them correctly just doesn't hold water. I personally don't download a bunch of apps and don't have a app killer at all.

I am versed well in computers and OS it really is not that hard to do.

As I said I had to prove to tech support that I had a bad phone each time so I would think eveyone would have to do the same.

0 Likes
bartkowski

There is a definite flaw to your philosophy, in that happy, satisfied customers don't take to the internet, blogs, chat rooms and forums to say how pleased they are with their product. Only the whining bitchy ones who have bad luck or just can't comprehend the device do.  unfortunately a device as advanced as this and the many more coming out takes a lot of understanding.  Also unfortunately the ones who don't understand them and how they are going to work view them as defective, and Verizon is not going to call you an idiot, but I can. They will replace your phone just to satisfy you, not because it needs it. After a few times they need to get you off that phone because you obviously don't understand. That's why they offer a different model. I mean you have yet to describe a single problem you actually had with your phones even after being asked. 

your sampling of what 75 Moto Droid users is quite small considering the amount of devices that have been sold and continue to be sold. There just people like you trying to bring down Verizon because you don't understand how a phone or service is supposed to work. Yes I blame Verizon for this mistake, in there quest to bring the most advanced technology to their customers via phones, network, and services they have sold many phones to users who can't handle them. But this is only a problem if your the select few that stare blankly at their phones for hours waiting for an unusual hesitation or screen flicker and screem hardware malfunction, inferior device and whatnot, go back to your flip phone.

0 Likes
Decessi

I'm going to be honest with everyone bartowski is pretty much correct and how i feel about this whole thread, Verizon is out to make money, It's been studied by 3rd party independant companies that Verizon Wireless has one of the best Customer Service out there. Now that's not to say you're going to get perfect service everytime because everyone has a bad day and with a huge company such as Verizon Wirless you can't control every employee even with their strict standards for quality control.

Now I'm sorry you're having issues with your motorola droid, but i'm just putting this out there for you. The phone is a mini computer, and like a computer if you put too much crap on it you're going to have issues. Applications can cause errors with one another and that creates a problem which needs a hard reset or a replacement phone depending on how bad you royally screweed up your phone. As far as the Motorola droid being discontinued because it's an inferior product...now your just blowing smoke in the wind there. It's on it's end of life because as someone point out the droid 2 is coming out within the next few weeks so why sell the droid 1 when you're going to make more off the droid 2. Think about that from a business standpoint, do you want the new shiney from last year or the new shiney that just came out. i'd say aobut 8 out of 10 people will choose the brand new phone that just came out because it's catered to "fix" things the manufacturer didn't like about the previous model. So does it really make sense to keep up with an older phone that you're not going to make as much money off of anymore because of the newer model that you just made? Didn't think so.

As far as any phone you purchase goes there will be some bad phones out there. For droid phones the motorola droid has so far been the most stable and one of the ones with the least amount of problems. If you don't believe me look at what happened to the droid eris when it's last software update came out before it went to end of life because of the droid incredible. To be honest i've heard of more people having problems with those phones since they've finally started shipping and are getting off back order. Now i'm sorry that you're phone isn't up to your standards. Get a blackberry then and deal with it's crap or heck go to ATT see if they actually care about what happens with that shiney new iPhone you just bought that broke without you doing much to it. If you don't like the service just leave, one bad phone like this over how long have you been with Verizon and had horrible service? I'm gonna say it's probably this one issue that's made you upset and you can't handle it because you've already been verbally abusive to customer service (oh and btw they notate that kind of stuff and pass it on to other reps who have the poor luck of recieving your phone call which makes them not as ready to help you out.) All i can say at this point is you don't like the phone? Ask about the CPO program

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you took the time to scan this fourm? Have you noticed customer after customer complaining that they are on their 2od 3rd or 4th droid?

Did you even read my last post I don't download a bunch of apps. Matter of fact when Verizon tech was having me jump through their hoops this last time they had me run through my list of apps and said "those would not cause problems" So again the apps I did have is not the problem.

As far as verbally abuseive I have not I have told them that their company is the sorriest I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Not once did I get ugly or raise my voice. I did tell them that offering a lesser phone was not a solutition I would take.

Being frim and demanding what your were sold at the beginning is not abuseive.

As far as verizon's customer service record, I will believe the people I have talked to and the statements they make about not returning to them when the contract runs out. As I have said 70+ to one is not a shinning record.

As far as leaving the company that is one of the offers I made to them to solve this if they return my money for my product I will gladly find a company that will actually take care of me and not try and rip me off.

The first problem was 7 days in, I should have dumped Verizon then however I gave them a chance to fix it thinking I had gotten a bad product by chance. By the way each phone has been hardwear problems not softwear. I and many other are on their 3rd one needing a 4th one. Never been droped I take care of my stuff. I know enough about computers to operate it correctly.

Before Verizon I was with Altell it was a great company that I had no trouble with. They took care of problems without the hassle I have found at Verizon. That is till Verizon bought them out. I had been with verizon before Altell and it was a bad company then also. The only reason I left altell was they could not get me a FL phone number when I moved. I went with verizon because it is the biggest company in the panhandle of FL. However I am sure there is a company that can provide service that I will be much more pleased with if Verizon decides to return my money and nullifies the contract.

I was a gm computer tech in a dealership for over 6 years. I have programed and dignosed many computers in that time I know the difference between softwear gliches and hard wear problems. I on more than one ocassion help GM find softwear gliches.

After that I ran my own auto repair shop for years till I sold it. Most of the computers I had to replace was because of hardwear failures not softwear. On the rare case of softwear problems I reflashed the computers and the problem was gone. Verizon walked me through a hard restart and made sure the update I had was the one that was one that shold have fixed the problems I am having.......It didn't.

In summary you have posted a typical CYA company rant. I just want what Verizon agreed to provide when I began service with them a........ working phone.

I hope you have a nice day.

0 Likes
rangerfan09

Really, you were a "softwear" tech? A SOFTWARE tech and a HARDWARE tech should know how to spell their profession.

That being said, I haven't seen anywhere in this thread where you explained the problems you are having. Maybe a rough breakdown may help. Someone may have a solution for you that is not a Verizon Tech. I find out more about this phone from actual users than from Verizon reps. When I bought my phone, it was about 3 weeks before the Incredible launched. The Incredible rumors were out there, yet nobody at my Verizon store or in their online chat seemed to know about it.

0 Likes