droid 2 fix or give us a new phone !!!
jbtrbrts

I am on my third droid now. They freeze up when you txt. Verizion knows of this issue and say to shut off services this phone comes with to fix the problem. They seam to work for a few days then the only way to fix it is a factory reset and I loose all my apps and time reloading them. My opion is the phone should work free of problmes or we (droid 2 owners) should be given new phones that work and droid 2 does not work !!!

0 Likes
Re: droid 2 fix or give us a new phone !!!
wenlee

You are so right. I can't do anything on my phone now that i did the factory reset. And verizon seems not to care too much. Not doing anything about it.

0 Likes
Mama2KBR
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a post I made about the freezing issue with regard to the Droid 2 back in January. I used to have the same problem. I've never had to do a factory reset. I'm just copying & pasting my old post here:

I used to have the same problem. Here's the fix. When that happens you need to do a few things. No factory reset is ever required either. I never had to do one.

1. Press the Menu key and then Manage apps. Under the "All" tab scroll down to the "Multi-touch keyboard." Clear data. Clear cache. (Anything that can be cleared. Haha!) Force stop it. All that jazz. Go "back to home."
  2. Next. Press the Menu key again and this time choose Settings. Scroll down to Language & Keyboard. Select Multi-touch keyboard. (Underneath it should read "Multi-touch keyboard settings")  The following are what I have MY personal settings to as I've found that these are what caused my keyboard to "unfreeze."  Or I should say, when I "unchecked" a few things, my keyboard no longer froze.

On-screen keyboard:

1. Show suggestions - Checked
  2. Auto-correct errors - NOT checked
  3. Auto-punctuate - Checked
  4. Vibrate on keypress - NOT checked (Note: This had nothing to do with my keyboard freezing. It just annoyed the snot out of me when it vibrated every time I used it! )
  5. Sound on keypress - NOT checked (Note: Same annoyance factor as vibrate on keypress thing. Has no effect on freezing.)
  6. Auto-capitalization - Checked

Device keyboard:

1. Show suggestions - Checked
  2. Auto-Correct errors - NOT checked

General Settings:

1. Highlight words - Checked
  2. Next word prediction - NOT checked (THIS one is IMPORTANT. DO NOT have this one checked. BIG factor on freezing issue.)

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
jbtrbrts

My point is. they sell me a phone and say wait these parts of the phone dont work and we know it but were not gonna do anything about it. HAHAHA..they should say wait those phones are junk here is a phone of the same value or better that does work..

0 Likes
jbtrbrts

Basicly if you buy a car with ac and crusie control you would expect those things to work.

0 Likes
thejohnsonzoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try the fix that Mama2KBR has above...clearing the cache &/or data only lasts 4-6 weeks so that is NOT a fix.  I kept track of my problems on the Droid 2 since the software update sept 2011 and after MUCH pushing they sent me a Droid 3 last week - absolutely FREE.  The Verizon guy said they have not had problems with the Droid 3 phone - I hope he is correct!

Good luck!  VERIZON OWES ALL DROID 2 OWNERS A PERMANENT FIX OR A NEW MODEL PHONE!

0 Likes
Mama2KBR
Enthusiast - Level 3

My upgrade will be coming soon. Not sure as to which phone I'll be getting though when I do upgrade. Love my Droid 2. It has to be one with a physical keyboard though. I text way too much and abhor the whole "fully touchscreen" phone thing. That's just a personal preference though. Smiley Happy

0 Likes