droid 2 pictures won't save to sd card
music28

I had about 300 pictures saved to my sd card and when I wanted to save a new picture that I received from a picture message it went straight to internal memory.

I purchased a new sd card thinking that my old sd card might have been too full, and it does the exact same thing.Meaning any time I try to save a picture it stays in the internal memory and NOT the SD CARD which is what I really want.

Any help? Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid 2 pictures won't save to sd card
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh! Okay, that clears it up for me. That's normal. I have a Droid 2 Global and mine does the same thing. To confirm the actual save-to location on your phone, unmount or physically remove the memory card from your phone, and then try review your images in "Gallery". You should see the following: "SD Card is unmounted or unavailable. However, if you can still see them, then they are being saved to your device memory. Please let me know. Thanks!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello there music28! Thanks for asking for the assistance of the VZW Community! I recommend confirming that your SD Card is still mounted to your device. Go to Settings> Storage. If you see the phrase "Mount SD card", please click on it! Your screen will show that the card is being mounted. Once that's done, try your camera again. I also recommend saving the pictures that you have stored to the card to a backup, just in case the card itself is experiencing issues.

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
music28

Believe it or not I already checked that. And I unmounted it and then

mounted it just to be certain and it is still not saving the pictures

correctly =[

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Got it. Thanks for letting me know that! Question for you: How have you been able to determine where the pictures are being saved to? Did you connect the phone to a computer via USB? Did you check a setting within the phone? If so, which one?

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
music28

Whenever I would receive a picture Message and save it it would always say

"saved to SD CARD" and when I have been doing that recently it would say

"saved to memory " which is not supposed to happen at all. I appreciate

your response btw. Thanks so much Smiley Happy

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh! Okay, that clears it up for me. That's normal. I have a Droid 2 Global and mine does the same thing. To confirm the actual save-to location on your phone, unmount or physically remove the memory card from your phone, and then try review your images in "Gallery". You should see the following: "SD Card is unmounted or unavailable. However, if you can still see them, then they are being saved to your device memory. Please let me know. Thanks!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes