droid incredible - help my "people" disappeared, had 230 contacts in the am, in the pm had only 7
Victorious

I have a Droid Incredible one week old.

Yesterday morning my people/contacts were all in my phone, in the afternoon I was looking to call someone and could on find 7 contacts! I did not drop my phone, or delete (that I know of) anything other than e-mails.

I have back-up assistant and all my contacts are there on-line (downloaded a cvs file just in case they disappeared too) I ran the Sync and - nothing happens 

0 Likes
Re: droid incredible - help my "people" disappeared, had 230 contacts in the am, in the pm
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3
Did you go into menu/ view and check if your contacts are checked in the box
0 Likes
Re: droid incredible - help my "people" disappeared, had 230 contacts in the am, in the pm
Victorious

yes, I synced with it uncheck and checked almost a dozen times. BA says "Sync is complete" but nothing has changed on my phone.

0 Likes
Axe_1

yep, this sounds familar.  didnt happen to my Incredible, but my wifes phone had the same problem.  call VZW and let them know.  There has been some Backup Assistant problems they have reported.  hopefully soon this will be resolved.  they started a ticket for me on this.  Also, i went onto her verizon login and the contacts are there, but they will not pull over to the phone.  But yes, VZW is aware of the problems with Backup Assist.  Make sure you call them though

Cheers!

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Could I get you to dial *228 send and option 1 on your device.  

Then try syncing the contacts manually.

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left).
Touch Settings.
Touch Accounts & sync.
Touch Backup Assistant.
Touch  Sync now.

We are currently investigating  issues with the Backup Assistant Website.

0 Likes
ealmiller

Is this issue with backup assistant not yet resolved? Sometime over the weekend my phone "ate" the phone numbers for some contacts, and ate other contacts completely. I can see them all online, but have been unsuccessful in trying to get them back to my phone.

Right now, the only useful thing about this phone is that I can get into my gmail to search for people's phone numbers.

Is there some other fix I should be trying? And any way to prevent the phone from disappearing contacts again in the future? Searchign around I can't find a clear diagnosis of the problem.

0 Likes
MightyEMan

I am experiencing the same issue as this other person.  Except this is now March, 2012, so it seems like any issues should have been resolved by now.  I did the steps that Android10 recommended, but I am still not getting any sync with my Backup Assistant.  How can I fix this?

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi MightyEMan,

I'm sorry to learn about the problems encountered with Backup Assistant and I can help!  Have you attempted to log into your online account and sync your contacts from there? This is a great work around, which allows you to sync your contacts with your phone from your PC. If this method does not work, please send me a Direct Message and include a contact number. I will reach out and address your concerns.

Thank you,

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter

0 Likes