droid screen or bottom buttons dont work
itsadino2

my droids search or back buttons dont work and only the center of my screen works :smileysad:( help me

0 Likes
Re: droid screen or bottom buttons dont work
Rassilon

I expect you're out of luck. There are many Droid (and Droid X) users with the same problem.  The touch screen is a poorly designed piece of hardware, prone to breaking.  Mine failed two days ago, 6 weeks out of warranty, so neither Verizon nor Motorola will do anything.  Instead, they expect me to pay them to send a refurbished (read pre-broken) phone, or shell out $300 for a new one.  Instead, I've informed several thousand of my own business customers about Verizon's lack of support.

0 Likes
Kuczus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing started happening to my DROID. First few days it did whatever it felt like, called random numbers, started random applications, I was unable to control it.  It finally calmed down a little bit but the middle of the screen does not work, which means I can’t even answer incoming calls.  So I went into Verizon store today to get a new one because of my 'insurance' that I pay monthly.  

First words out of the person that was 'helping' me were: You can upgrade to a new phone, Ill check for you if you are eligible.  I told him I'm not interested in a new phone I'd rather have this one fixed or get a replacement.  That is why I pay for insurance.  His reply was, we can do that, and deductible is $89, my jaw dropped.  So I pay $8 a month (14 x 8= $112), plus deductible of $90 to get someone’s old phone?  Out of their freaking minds, I like how they didn’t mention the deductible part when they explained the insurance option for me.  "Anything happens to your phone, they will send you a new phone overnight, no questions asked" they said.  Load of bull%#$^.  They just shrugged me off and said sorry, very nice Verizon VERY nice.  Class A service.

Wish I could change providers now, support and service is just ridiculous! I will never recommend Verizon to anyone.

Not applicable
Never buy insurance for low cost items such as phones, consumer electronics, appliances, etc. Use your insurance dollars for high cost items such as home, new car, health insurance, life insurance, etc.
0 Likes
Kuczus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now I know.  Lesson learned the hard way.

0 Likes
nike86

Oh man this is happening to mine.  It is getting to the point where the phone is useless.   I can't use it when I need it.   Then it calms down and I think its OK until I get a call or text I really want to respond to.   Frustrating.  I guess I will need a new phone soon.  Maybe the Thunderbolt.   Anyone have a fix for this or does it just mean the end for Droid.

0 Likes
cisbrane

Ugh, my phone just started to act bad this last week.

Basically my screen will just "think" it's being pressed. I thought i might have bent it somehow as it seems to happen after it has been in my pocket.

It's very unpredictable, sometimes it will work, but not always...

Also, i'm out of warranty now as well >_<

I don't really want a droid 2 at this point either.

thank you motorola once again for a bad product. i thought droid would change it... nope.

0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

If you have no insurance coverage and your device is out of warranty Verizon Wireless does offer Certified Pre-Owned devices. To view our list of Certified Pre-Owned devices please visit this link: http://support.vzw.com/information/cpo_replacement.html

Thank you, LatachaM_VZW

0 Likes
Radenix

Sounds like you're a victim from this: Culprit

0 Likes
luckyhawaiianWA
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is doing the same thing. I cannot do anything on it without it giving me lots of trouble. my screen is hardly working, the buttons at the bottom of the screen RARELY work. It goes in and out of apps, text messages, and screens when ever it wants to. I don't have insurance nor covered by the warrenty so I called about getting a "certified pre-owned phone", and the cust. service rep said it would be $300!! That's insane! How can verizon make u sign a 2 year contract yet not fix their products when they malfunction?? Ugh.....looks like I'm stuck with my {word filter avoidance}
until my contract expires in October.....