Re: droid x in Bootloader 30.04 mode
B33
Legend

Ok have you approached the idea of taking it to a Corporate store an having it Flashed. Doing that is the same as a Factory Reset. An did you by chance Recently do a Other the Air Update.. An get System Version 4.5.621.MB810 an Android Version 2.3.4

0 Likes
SPDragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

the Updates I couldn't tell you if I did... But I was at two stores today and they could not tell me a damn thing. I have don't more tonight then they both did together.

0 Likes
SPDragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not had one of these updates like this since about Sept. updated just fine. this went in the crapper when they asked me to install. One place told me he thought someone was hacking me and other said it was gone and tried selling me a new phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well the Reason i Asked  if it's the Update i ask you about that is in Question an is Causing all of this BootLoader Crap.  that Update came out in February!   i can't Understand why the Hell Verizon would be Releasing it again. See i have all the Updates saved in my Files on my Computer all the Way back to Eclair.. An i have a Droid X since July of 2010 an it's not showing any signs of this as of yet

0 Likes
bossman4683

Same thing just happened to my Droid X as well. Went to the store and the guy there knew less than I did. I have done a wipe of all the data and done a factory reset, but still comes back to the bootloader screen. Just after the OTA software update happened. This is BS.

>Post edited to comply with Verizon Wireless ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
scrtchglf

Just got off the phone with  Vz Tech Support and Motorola Tech Support.  My phone is out of warranty so I need to send it back to Motorola for a fix.  7 to 10 day's

0 Likes
NickW
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is total crap. I've been a verizon customer for almost 10 years. Last summer I got an update on my droid x and it alway restarted when I played music, now it updated and it won't turn on at all. For almost $1200 a year in smart phone bills this shouldn't be happening. They should be sending out apology and refund letters. I can't even make emergency calls.

bossman4683

To all, there is a fix out there if you search the droid forums(not verizon) and are a little tech savvy. I just was able to re-flash my software and get it working again.

0 Likes
SPDragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I here you all I get is the run around its not our fault... They won't even give out a loner phone for a few days... Its CRAP!!!

0 Likes
mooneybop

I took my dead phone (that had the Bootloader message on it before it burned through the fully-charged battery in about 15 minutes) into my local Verizon store today and after several of the salespeople exchanged longer than usual eye contact, one of them said that an "email had just come out from corporate" about this.  They said they would send me out a new phone and I could return my old one in the postage-paid box they would include.  I guess they don't have the inventory in the store to be able to give everyone with this problem a new phone on the spot.  Outrageous that this has been going on for so long, but certainly not the fault of the folks at the store...  3 days later--

And the replacement phone that Verizon promised to send me 4 days ago via 2-day Fed Ex is not here and I am FURIOUS.  I even paid for the shipping.

0 Likes