droid x issues,PLEASE HELP!!
sp123

I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY AOL EMAIL! EVERYDAY I AM RECEIVING AUTHENTICATION ERRORS .NO EMAIL COMES IN AND NONE GOES OUT! I ALSO DO NOT GET ANYTHING AFTER LIKE 6 ! IS THERE A SETTTING I NEED TO CHANGE? I DID NOTICE IF I SHUT THE PHONE OFF AND TURN BACK ON THEY WILL FLOOD IN.  I AM STARTING TO MISS MY BLACKBERRY!!!! ANYONE PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
Re: droid x issues,PLEASE HELP!!
tlcruiser

I have the same issues, I get authentication error when I trysend out an email. I also have aol. I actually have 4 aol accounts, 3 of them are fine but one of them has this issues.You can try to go to account, on outgoing server, uncheck both boxes for ssl and checking certificate see if that works. This is really annoying for me. How can they boast this phone to be used by businesses which relies on emails getting through. again I am hoping Verizon or Motorola can address this issue!!

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Try this, Go to Settings > optonline email account > port 587.
Also use secure connection and verify certificate should be turned off. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
AluminumFlcn

You guys are using AOL email ???   Shame on you.  ^_^     Using AOL these days, makes about as much sense as a football bat.   No flames please.  Just joking on AOL at the expense of a poster.   Shame on ME if this offends any AOL user.  To each his own, and I can respect that.

On a corporate note, God help us if our businesses are using AOL email though.  No wonder Japan is conquering us financially and technologically.

~ AF

0 Likes
kscib3

I too have been an AOL user until 2 days ago when I thought my phone was the issue as I was not getting ANY emailed for the previous 2 days.  I know know that it is AOL's server that was the issue and have created a gmail account and am using the POP3 with gmail to get my AOL email.

Gmail is super easy and I am loving the calendar!!!

0 Likes