droid x virtual keyboard not functioning
omarcito
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, after the update to GB I notice that the new keyboard kept force closing and now everytime I press (or touch) the space bar the key board hides......any help??????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid x virtual keyboard not functioning
omarcito
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that and it didn't help at all......I just came back from a Verizon store. which btw one of the sales rep is a total 8!+<#

anyway.... The lady who helped me said that this has been an issue with the update.....so she did a Factory data reset and it seems to be working fine......Thanks for taking the to try to help me tho...... i know ima need more help down the road......

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I would start with the more benign approach and try the "Clear Cache" approach first...

Wiping cache partition

• Power off
  • Power On Holding Home Key
  • When Andy with Exlamation Point Shows up Press BOTH Volume keys
  • Use Volume Keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap power button to select
  • Wait for it to finish and select reboot system
0 Likes
omarcito
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that and it didn't help at all......I just came back from a Verizon store. which btw one of the sales rep is a total 8!+<#

anyway.... The lady who helped me said that this has been an issue with the update.....so she did a Factory data reset and it seems to be working fine......Thanks for taking the to try to help me tho...... i know ima need more help down the road......

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Glad you're back to something working again..  and you could have done a Factory Reset from the comfort of your home ...  lol.  (instructions posted in this forum ... use SEARCH to find it.)

0 Likes
williamhvx

i haved the same problem... i noticed i change my lenguage used and i have english and spanish both click  so i  check off spanish....

settings > lenguage & keyboard settings >multi-touch keyboard settings > input lenguages ( only leave one lenguage!!!)

0 Likes