Re: email notification
Fwow13
Contributor - Level 2

Since I don't have a Yahoo! Mail account, I haven't used their app - so I don't really know what to do about the program.  From reading up on the problem, it sounds as though the Yahoo! Mail app is a little buggy.  One droid user out there said that you have to be signed into both your yahoo email and yahoo instant messenger on your phone in order to get sound notifications instead of this vibrate only issue.  Other people are having notification bar issues with this app.

The only real suggestion I would give is that you abandon that app and set up your Yahoo! Mail account with the stock email app (under Settings>Accounts>Add account> "Email" not "Yahoo! Mail").  Here are the settings I found for setting up a Yahoo! Mail account:

Select “other (POP3/IMAP)”

Incoming Settings:
Protocol: IMAP
Email Address: Email Address
User Name: Email Address
Password: enter your password
IMAP Server: imap.n.mail.yahoo.com
Security type: none
Server Port: 143

Outgoing Settings:
Username: Email address
Password: enter your password
SMTP Server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
Security type: None
Server port: 587

Account Name: Yahoo

Like I said, I don't have a Yahoo! account and can't verify if these settings work.  If you can get the regular "Email" app to work - all notifications should work just fine.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

With the proper steps for email notification  tone giving by the community and the phone still not making a tone notification. Try a basic troubleshooting step by doing a soft reset and then go back through the steps provided to set a tone.

A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Touch Power off.

3. Press and hold the Power button to power on the device.
0 Likes
bcram11
Contributor - Level 1

While viewing your inbox, press the menu button. Select email settings >>> notifications >>> select ringtone. This is what works for me. Also make sure your phone isn't on silent or vibrate, otherwise you wouldn't get the sounds.  Good luck!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

CAP201101281956.jpg + CAP201101281957.jpg +CAP201101281958.jpg + CAP2011012819581.jpg

0 Likes